Big Bocage Tiger finished

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Sam, Polux, Steve (welcome to the forum Steve).

I don't get the time I used to to work on projects now, and I've kind of gravitated toward longer and more involved projects anyway so I'm nowhere near as prolific as I'd like to be. The plan for this tiger is to involve it in a diorama of some sort but the turn around on such a project could be equally long. I have a number of 1/16 figures I want to customise to fit a Normandy setting with a possible back drop of a French farmhouse. However, each figure is quite involved, see http://www.scale-models.co.uk/ww-i-after/12591-ww2-british-tommy-work-progress.html and you get the idea. I'd like around 6 figures, the Tiger and a Kubelwagen in a setting that's not too difficult to photograph (this is 1/16!) I think I can manage that.

It's funny you should mention staying power as I made a conscious decision some time ago to concentrate on fewer models with more detail (larger scales are preferable). It has sometimes been frustrating not having much to show for weeks of work but I hope the end results will be worth the wait and effort..

Dave - I read somewhere that the Hobbyboss kit is in fact from the Tamiya moulds!? Can't confirm this but the drawings in the instructions for the mantlet look familiar. I'll be interested in your build. Good luck with it.

Cheers

P

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
From what I read Paul, this is from Torro or WSN originally. Whether there's any tie between them and Tamiya I don't know. Either way, it was originally designed as an R/C kit which is why the detail is a bit basic - they're designed to be 'played with' rather than filling display cabinets.

Meanwhile, I'm still plodding on with the track links. I've only got about 40 left to do now so it'll soon be time to start thinking about painting. I've got a few ideas about fixing the problems with the turret - I'll keep you posted on that.

Gern

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I remember this in progress I think. It has come out brilliantly Paul, top work indeed. The scratch building on it is simply awesome. What type of RC tank was it originally? I have a 1/16 Tiger I somewhere made by VS Tank.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Joe, you've some memory there, seems like a lifetime ago that I started this!

The kit is the full option Tiger by Tamiya. At some stage I'm hoping to upload a short video. It would be nice to have a scale setting to film it in rather than just trundling around the garden and I'm giving this some thought.

Thanks for the kind words. I think that a lot of the RC Tigers can be improved with some attention to detail and a careful paint job. I don't know the VS brand at all but there's absolutely stacks of info on every Tiger variant so a bit of upgrading shouldn't be too difficult.

Cheers

P