Bike v car

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all i just watched guy martin special where he pits a bike against a car (that's a gp bike and a f1 car)

Those F1 cars are amazing (and that's as a dyed in the wool biker) the car won practically everything I was considered mad on a bike in my youth (hence kpnuts) and I guarantee in my youth I would have, and did beat any sports car, from traffic lights I have left E types in my dust beaten rovers, lancias and numerous alfas, a triumph stag (this is when they were considered fast cars).

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
Hi all i just watched guy martin special where he pits a bike against a car (that's a gp bike and a f1 car)
Those F1 cars are amazing (and that's as a dyed in the wool biker) the car won practically everything I was considered mad on a bike in my youth (hence kpnuts) and I guarantee in my youth I would have, and did beat any sports car, from traffic lights I have left E types in my dust beaten rovers, lancias and numerous alfas, a triumph stag (this is when they were considered fast cars).
Yep F1s maybe amazing but having been a "biker" myself in my fearless youth and having done all the crazy stuff you talk about myself and still be here to talk about it makes me feel very lucky indeed. I didn't have any names like nuts but all the people who were brave enough to sit on the back of my bike swallowed theirs within a few minutes and couldn't stand up or walk when they got off due to uncontrollable shaking and I never had anyone come back for another go. I lost 3 good friends in these crazy years of our lives and I still have a bike which I'll be changing very soon for the 2 weeks of summertime we may get. My extreme riding days are over but I still love my bike over any car even a F1 My ride for nowimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Robert
My old horse was a Varedero 1000 like in pic but mine was blue/ grey and had fog lights too

Miss her sometimes and the camping with the lads I had all the kit tank bag the lot

Now I drive a Renault!!...... Never the same

1 damaged knee cap that will never heal due to biking accident years ago but heh it was worth it

image.jpeg

D

Deleted member 3568

Yep I lost a lot of good friends in my youth 4 of them to cars ( who "never saw him coming') I do still miss the bike, I was just amazed that the car stomped all over the bike when they did a race round silverstone they even gave the car one more lap (to make it fair?) and even doing one lap less the bike lost by 14 seconds, yep that's right 14

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Yeah, but you have a 95% chance of walking away from a F1 car unscathed after a big crash, not so on a bike. Some great piccies guys.

M

Mark P

I love bikes! The best top end bike I had was my baby (gsx-r 750) in true race colours. I respected that bike but when I was younger I was a total nutter ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

We all were got rid of my last bike 2 YRS ago missus said their too dangerous and it's the bike or me (no contest really) do miss her though. Mind you if she thought my very sedate riding on my triumph was dangerous she would have had kittens had she seen what I did in my 20s. Even I look back and think you nutter. Wish we could go back in time some of the bikes I had then are worth a fortune now should have kept them. I'd be worth a mint now.

M

Mark P

\ said:
We all were got rid of my last bike 2 YRS ago missus said their too dangerous and it's the bike or me (no contest really) do miss her though. Mind you if she thought my very sedate riding on my triumph was dangerous she would have had kittens had she seen what I did in my 20s. Even I look back and think you nutter. Wish we could go back in time some of the bikes I had then are worth a fortune now should have kept them. I'd be worth a mint now.
I think I spent more time off my bikes than I did on them ;) , I remember once I high sided and ended up skidding on my arse right into the curb! Cracked my helmet and decided it was time to be more careful. When I had the gsx-r though from time to time and if I knew the road I would gun it just a little ;)

First Name
Adrian
Sorry but John knows me and I have to go with a car, he makes my point for me when he says for the " two weeks of summer"

On more plus points I can go out in snow, ice heavy rain and not have to worry about controlling my car, if I do have an incident I'm 90% sure I will walk away unscathed.

There's also the shopping aspect, if I see a nice large kit, it can go in the boot and not have to be left behind or "bungied" to the back ;)

Oh I know I'm missing the thrill of the wind rushing past me, not been able to hear bugger all and been on edge incase a demon car leaps out at me doesn't do it for me :smiling3:

I'm looking forward to car shopping as soon as my house sells, its doubtful the Mustang will fill my garage but there's always the RS or a nice TME Evo to consider :smiling3:

First Name
Robert
My Honda days were a thrill for me, passing my test at 20 on a Kwak 500 I went out and bought my first bike which was a Suzuki 500 but I never got to grips with her and so went for a Honda 400 four and fell in love with the smoothness and effortless ride then I had a few more like transalps and a few BMWs before going back to Honda and had two Varedero's

There's my bike history and yes I've been to too many bikers funerals

Regards

Robert

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
my biker days are over..........i miss my Bandit but i have no where to keep one now and i know the current memshaib would worry every time i went out on it if i did have one.........all my gear is still in the loft.........i got speed out of my system a long time ago (had a job that involved test track driving......dull as ditch water!).....still very much into bikes, love MotoGP, big fan of Guy Martin (both his books are very good reads)...got this prog recorded to watch when i can