Blohm & Voss

M

msm2

Very nice build. Whats it like to build as I am considering getting one at a later date.

Tony

M

mobear

nice paintwork on this,its a strange looking plane cute in a way

mobear

V

Vajled

From B&W products I only hear about drilling bits LOOL and I hav feeling they do crazy stuff...

And yes I saw few of them, like this yours bird what turn out great...

I edore this part of german aviation... amazing stuff for that era

Great job

Roman

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent job michael , nice paintwork. I love these late war german machines, ive got the airfix Blohm and Voss BV141 to do but im dreading the canopy masking!!! cheers tony

First Name
Michael
Thanks guys, Tony it was a great little kit to put together I would recommend it.

I too really like this experimental aviation and plan to do more of it, I've got a 1/144 Junkers G38 passenger plane to build an amazing aircraft with first class cabins in the wing roots it's aircraft aluminium finish so will be challenge for me. Junkers G 38

M

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
always liked the weird shapes of these asymetric aircraft! Nice job!

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Never seen one of these before Mike, lovely model, well done

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nice job on that one.

Unlike some others I'm not a huge fan of asymmetric aircraft like your BV P.194 (? haven't checked and the old memory isn't what it was!). The one Tony has stashed only has one horizontal stabiliser,very weird. B+V did make some lovely symmetrical aircraft as well. I admire the innovation not just the asymmetry but the dual power plants,but,rather like rocket powered interceptors,this line of aeronautical development was a bit of a dead end. You couldn't say the same of the Horten brothers flying wings for example. Anyone for a B-2 bomber :smiling3:

I always liked the BV 155 but despite it's origins with Messerschmitt it looks rather old fashioned next to an Me262. Rather cute though!

Cheers

Steve

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Good job Michael. I've picked this kit up a few times and thought why, as in why design an aircraft like that ?

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Great build of an unusual aircraft. It make you wonder what the advantages were of making it asymmetrical.

Vaughan

T

tecdes

Very nice model Michael. I think this is the strangest aircraft I have seen. Well worth building for that reason.

It has a great charm almost an Alice in wonderland feel. First time I have ever seen one.

Seen the Brabazon & one or two other strange beasts I wonder what this must have been like to fly. Did it have the prop circulating anti clockwise to compensate a little for the off centre engine ? With the torque clockwise it must have had an enormous bend to port both taking off & just cruising.

Laurie