Blue 13 finished - diorama to follow...

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi everyone

I'm calling Blue 13 finished. Overall I'm quite pleased with the result and can recommend this kit whole heartedly. The kit has some very fine detail, fantastic etch and canopy masks and on the whole came together relatively easily. A piece of advice I would give to anyone wishing to build the Eduard 190 is to be extremely careful when aligning fuselage and wings, their precise position is critical later in the build.

I do intend to place Blue 13 in a diorama but have decided to start a new thread in the dio section just in case anyone is interested in my diorama build but not necessarily the FW190.

I haven't been idle though on the diorama front and include a preview of my progress on the fir trees - which I think I have a solution for (finally).

Anyhoo, here's the aircraft - I hope you like it.

Cheers

Paul

View attachment 15474View attachment 15475View attachment 15476View attachment 15477View attachment 15478View attachment 15479View attachment 15480View attachment 15481View attachment 15482View attachment 15483View attachment 15484View attachment 15485View attachment 15486

PS. Thank you to everyone for the advice & help

View attachment 23782

View attachment 23783

View attachment 23784

View attachment 23785

View attachment 23786

View attachment 23787

View attachment 23788

View attachment 23789

View attachment 23790

View attachment 23791

View attachment 23792

View attachment 23793

View attachment 23794

Blue_13_02.jpg

Blue_13_05.jpg

Blue_13_03.jpg

Blue_13_07.jpg

Blue_13_06.jpg

Blue_13_10.jpg

Blue_13_14.jpg

Blue_13_08.jpg

Blue_13_12.jpg

Blue_13_09.jpg

Blue_13_11.jpg

Blue_13_15.jpg

Blue_13_Tree.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
What a terrific job you've done on that. I knew from your "in progress" shots that it was coming along nicely and my word it certainly was! Your part "grown" tree looks to be an imposing item as well. Top notch.....and I'm looking out for the diorama.

The GB has turned out some real "Bobby Dazzlers" and Blue 13 is most definitely one of them.

Cheers

Steve

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautifully done Paul. Looking forward to seeing your 'forest' grow. Nice to see you're ambitious enough to make your trees a good height. Most model trees we see are short stubby growths!

Gern

F

Fenlander

Gorgeous build Paul. It is, as you say, a lovely kit but to get it this good it has to be built and painted and you have done a really great job on this one

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Wow thats a beauty!

Extremly well built painted and detailed. Very well done!

Looking forwards to seing the forest come together! Dude thats a big tree!

Ian M

J

JFJ

Looks beautiful. Nice job. Maybe I could use that diorama for my FW 190...

Last edited:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks everyone for the nice comments it means a helluva lot. Much appreciated.

I've just read my own post back and I think It sounds a bit nonchalant - I am chuffed to bits with the way the 190 turned out and I've got a lot of you guys to thank for that especially Graham, Steve and Tony.

Graham - I definitely owe you on the engine cover idea, but I have a different diorama planned!

JFJ - You can use my dio build if you like but I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed that you're not doing the shipping dio. That could look fantastic. As Graham says the ship needn't be to scale and I can just see the torpedo being released and splashing into a sea made of plaster or resin. That could look spectacular. There has been a fantastic variety in the group build which has fascinated me. Captured 190s, 190s preparing for take off, crashed aircraft and a wide range of great colour schemes and finishes that have made the build really interesting. I'm sure if you ask around you could get some good reference on the aircraft, maybe even get the actual ship type that was torpedoed in 1/700 - that dio would be a complete departure from anything we've seen so far and would interest a lot of people I'm sure. That said, you can certainly use my dio as a basis for your own if you like I am going to describe all the steps in full.

Cheers again everyone, I will keep checking in on the GB to follow other builds it's been great.

Paul

Pine tree: I know this looks a bit scrubby at the moment but up to this stage my chief concerns were with getting the foliage scale and proportions right first. I'm going to complete this tree totally then give a step by step in the diorama build as I think I may have around another 5 to do! What the hell have I gotten in to!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
N

noble

Beautiful work Paul the detail is outstanding and i can't wait to see the dio, i am giving you fived stars for this mate well done.

scott

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Scott for the kind words. I've got some figures to go on my diorama and I may have a go with oils, so I may be picking your brains at some point.

Cheers

P

N

noble

Paul you may pick away here is a tip for mixing flesh tones, you need to mix burnt sienna, yellow ochre and white, for highlights add more white to the mix for shadows mix a little burnt umber. A tip is to get a colour wheel from the art shop they normally give them away but it generally means you have an accurate way to mix many dfferent colours using only about 14 basic colours, hope this is helpful.

scott

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi everyone

I've haven't started the Forest dio thread yet as I've been rather busy at work (much to my frustration!) so I thought I'd post a quick update. I have been working steadily on the dio in any spare time I get, and I think I've got the forest well on it's way. There are 7 trees in total which have taken quite some time to get this far. You may spot in the picture that there are in fact only 6 trees, this is so that I can go through the 'how to make' steps on the last one. The forest is rather time consuming but I think the effect I'm after is slowly coming together. The layout was worked out much earlier in the process and I'll detail this in the dio thread.

Right then, back to the forest - only 6 more trees to finish!...

View attachment 15626

Cheers

Paul

View attachment 23915

Diorama update.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very impressive Paul. Properly scaled mature trees looking good. Only six more!

Cheers

Steve

BTW I found a picture of an Me262 unit operating from a section of the Augsburg-Munchen autobahn whilst looking for something unrelated. They liked to operate from concrete as they tended to set tarmacadam surfaces alight on start up!

View attachment 23916

untitled.JPG

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Why for i missed this beauty, sorry Paul. Very nice work mate and i can't wait to see the dio too.

Have fun, John

F

Fenlander

judging by the picture Steve has posted, I would say you have the scale of the trees spot on.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cheers everyone, the trees are a bit tedious to do (well 7 of em are at any rate) I just hope it's worth it!

The autobahn ref is excellent - just the kind of setting I had in my head. It also gives me something to base my autobahn surface on. You won't see a lot of the autobahn on the dio just in the corner with the 190 preparing to roll out on to it. The camo net will be hung from the trunks of 4 of the central trees and will have a bit of a workshop i think to fill 'dead space'. You've probably seen the staff car but I have a kubelwagen as well which i'll complete in 3 a camo scheme.

But first things first... trees!

Cheers Steve, John and Graham more posts/new thread soon (hopefully!)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi paul ,just seen this one and congrats are in order, youve done a superb job,absolutely faultless cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Been away and trying again to catch up on threads...

Ist class job Paul, well done

Ron

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Tony, Ron. Catching up with threads is a bit tricky I know.

BTW, I apologise to anyone in the GB if I haven't got round to commenting on their 190 - I will get round to it when I've got an evening free and I can properly appreciate them.

3 TREES done - only another 4!!!

Paul

PJP

Peter/Pedro/Hey you
First Name
Peter
Now that, is a damned fine model!