BMF P51 practice run THREAD CLOSED

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
P

Polux

The aluminum colour looks spot on!

But is it finished? O_o I miss some decals...

My opinion is...maybe a light (not dark) pin wash on the panel lines, to add some deep at the model.

Anyway lthe colour ooks great to me ;)

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
The aluminum colour looks spot on!
But is it finished? o_O I miss some decals...

My opinion is...maybe a light (not dark) pin wash on the panel lines, to add some deep at the model.

Anyway lthe colour ooks great to me ;)
No Polux it's not finished but I just wanted some valued opinions on the bmf for my B17 but at some point I will tidy it up apply the decals and give it a panel wash and make a very simple base for it .Just like to add this hobby boss kit went together nicely for a inexpensive kit £3 at the time of purchase about 3 years ago so great little practice piece

D

Doug Hughes

Good idea to practise on a cheap subject before launching into something bigger. The Mustang kit itself looks pretty good, and you've done a great job with the Alclad. I was thinking of doing a similar trial myself, maybe with the Airfix Mustang. This shows I'm no expert in bare metal finishes. Just a couple of thoughts, though (everyone feel free to shoot me down - no pun intended)...

On the Mustang, am I right in thinking the wings were painted silver and then polished, while the rest was bare metal? It might be worth trying to make this distinction by using different Alclad products - but then you might not be aiming to produce the perfect Mustang, just practise for the B-17. Another suggestion might be to mask of some of the panels and spray a slightly different shade to get a less uniform effect. Again, it might not be feasible on such a small kit, but maybe worthwhile on the bigger one.