Box Diorama with a Soviet Self-Propelled Gun SU-122

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Absolutely brilliant dio John, that welding flash really gives it a sense of action as the guys repair the damage,

I'm not sure a 'Double Dogs' would serve it enough recognition,... you need a re-designed award for setting the standard for any dio...
well done indeed..

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wonderful video John! Great work as always one thing though I smell fried Chicken. Lol.
Thanks for the support since the begining Lee, yes I can , unfortunately UTube don't yet so smelly vision !

YES John i aggree wholeheartled with the guys what a dio fantastic an the welder well i darent look too close in case i got arkeye which was very painfull from my days as a mig welder wonderfull dio an i think matron an the committie should give you the double dogs
ATB
Chrisb
Very kind of you , think the arc lights made it .
Outstanding John!
Pete
Thanks Pete.
Outstanding John!
Pete
That, John, is absolutely brilliant. How on earth you're gonna follow that I just don't know.
Cheers Jim, but I do have some ideas ! Shadow Box dio's are compelling .
John, not much to say has been left after the previous comments.
I can only subscribe what has already been said adding just a "I LIKE IT!!" :thumb2:

Andrea
Cheers Andrea.
Absolutely brilliant dio John, that welding flash really gives it a sense of action as the guys repair the damage,

I'm not sure a 'Double Dogs' would serve it enough recognition,... you need a re-designed award for setting the standard for any dio...
well done indeed..
Very kind of you to say Chris .

OOPs just realised I haven't commented here.
John that is simply outstanding! Such great atmosphere.
Thank you Neil .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great comments guys, thank you for following this long build, comments like that certainly lift the mo jo.
What's next ? Well to start with to the amasement of Christine and no doubt the Tidy Bench Club Chairman aka Jim along with fellow members I plan to have a clean up in the cave !
This rare occurrence happens from time to time, I might find the vinyl floor monsters lair and even find that tool box ! What will come to light is always an exciting thought
Then a search of the stash for the next dio, hopefully I would like to manage a set of tracks !!! Now that would be a great achievement :smiling2:
John .

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just caught up with this John,and also watched your video....
Lovely stuff mate :smiling3:
Really looks most excellent.....good luck with your next,and even more challenging project.... tidying up the bench !! ;)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WOT John you cleanin up an you will never find anything as jen did a tidy up in my cave last week while i was i'll an now i cant find anything which a month ago i could pick up most things i wanted near straight away an remember you go tidyin up an jim may make a play for you to jion the TBC an then we will be leaderless in the UTBC unless someone wants to take up leadership but not me as i have enough probs gettin tigers guns to flash an im still at it but today it will be a little closer as more eletric work to do on them
chrisb

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
'Atta Boy JR!!.......I don't know about bench clean up but if you take this to the "Show" in June/July I'm convinced you will definitely "Clean House" there.......What a Masterpiece!! :thumb2: :thumb2: Two thumbs up and a Double dose of the Dog's is more than deserved.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just caught up with this John,and also watched your video....
Lovely stuff mate :smiling3:
Really looks most excellent.....good luck with your next,and even more challenging project.... tidying up the bench !! ;)
Thanks Andy , the clean up has started .Photos later .

WOT John you cleanin up an you will never find anything as jen did a tidy up in my cave last week while i was i'll an now i cant find anything which a month ago i could pick up most things i wanted near straight away an remember you go tidyin up an jim may make a play for you to jion the TBC an then we will be leaderless in the UTBC unless someone wants to take up leadership but not me as i have enough probs gettin tigers guns to flash an im still at it but today it will be a little closer as more eletric work to do on them
chrisb
That's what worries me Chris, will I ever find things again, you know things that only you know where they are .Fear not , tidy and clean it might be, but certainly not tidy for long .

'Atta Boy JR!!.......I don't know about bench clean up but if you take this to the "Show" in June/July I'm convinced you will definitely "Clean House" there.......What a Masterpiece!! :thumb2: :thumb2: Two thumbs up and a Double dose of the Dog's is more than deserved.
Well I hope it does well at the show. Thanks for the support along the way and the double dogs !
Outstanding work John that looks fantastic, great video as well.
Dont know how your gonna top this one but i bet you will.
Thanks Mark, hopefully the next will be interesting as well .

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Not sure why I've only just found this. Outstanding. Absolutely outstanding!

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Outstanding work John, the video really shows how the arc welding adds atmosphere & the details in the diorama make it something special. Definately worthy of a 'Dogs' award.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
So sorry John, I should not have missed this! what a display of the model makers art!!! Absolutely superb!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Outstanding work John, the video really shows how the arc welding adds atmosphere & the details in the diorama make it something special. Definately worthy of a 'Dogs' award.
Many thanks Graeme, and thank you for the Dogs .

So sorry John, I should not have missed this! what a display of the model makers art!!! Absolutely superb!
Thanks Bob, you've had enough to think about as it is .Glad you approve and it's in 4BO.:smiling2:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Once again John I think that's superb in both in visualisation and execution! Don't get jealous too often but in this instance, well ... !
Steve

• Wow
Reactions: JR