Brian's 1/200 HMS Hood

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking great. Are you going to paint the rondel on A turret or find a decal? A one inch does the job :smiling3:
When you have done the rigging on this you'll be well set up for the Victory.
Failing that there is always one of the big ships series Aircraft carriers....not a lot of rigging on one of them.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looking great. Are you going to paint the rondel on A turret or find a decal? A one inch does the job :smiling3:
When you have done the rigging on this you'll be well set up for the Victory.
Failing that there is always one of the big ships series Aircraft carriers....not a lot of rigging on one of them.
YES Bri i why not have a go at USS NIMITZ IN 1/350 TH SCALE as there is as Ian said hardly any riggin but there is plenty of scope to light her up with leds an such as i know plenty to do on it as ive built one an it would look fanstatic with all them planes on what a model that would be a show stopper for sure
chrisb

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Chris, had a look at the American carriers and to be honest they don't do it for me, think I might take a rest from modern warships looking at some armour (Tanks) or perhaps an F1 car

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
May I suggest going for the heller 1/100 victory just as nice being plastic you don't have to worry about all that planking and there is plenty of aftermarket stuff for it plus it's a darn sight cheaper

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
May I suggest going for the heller 1/100 victory just as nice being plastic you don't have to worry about all that planking and there is plenty of aftermarket stuff for it plus it's a darn sight cheaper
Thanks for that I will take a look :smiling3:
Had a look and the kit looks good only one problem seems the instructions are all in French lol After market stuff looks really good

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Had a look and the kit looks good only one problem seems the instructions are all in French lol After market stuff looks really good
the one I just looked at had English instructions...

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
They should have a set of both English and French the kit I had did and I now regret getting rid of

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looking ace Brian.
I know the rigging on any ship is a ball ache, but you can't not do it, having done so much great work on this ship.
How about a compromise and just do a part rigging? I do.......

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks good to me, and well worth the effort. If you don’t do it you will always regret not doing so, and it isn’t really any harder than some of the etch work you’ve already done.