Brian's 1/48 Dkm u-Boat Type Viic U-552

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cracking work Brian. Great to watch.

Just take your time with them there slots. No rush.....Carefully does it, 'cos there are farsands of them to sort out!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Most impressive. that would be an interesting model in itself. Well painted and weathered as well.
I dont know how thick the plastic is for the outer shell but would really good if it was thinned by the holes/vents. I think it would be the icing on the cake. Sometimes the plastic is so thick that it is thicker than the hole is round and spoils the scale effect. Sometimes you can get away with just thinning the back of the part down and open the hole that way, without the need to drill. You said you had a 'Dremel' right`?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent!
I see so many model subs where this thankless and long winded task has been avoided. To the detriment of the finished article.

It has to be done, but trust me, the end result will transform what is already a superb build into another level.

Steady as she goes, Brian.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
It's not a race, Brian. ;)

Steady as she goes and top marks for doing it in the first place. a lot of folks would just paint the 'Holes' black, to the detriment of the finished model.

Looking nice and neat and then when the slots are all done, the boat will look 'Ace'

Erich Topp. Commander U 552