Brian's actual 1/200 Yamato build

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
HI Bri this is a very good build an the finish is brilliant now i was wondering how many guns on her from the monster guns down to the smallest guns ?
chrisb
It's awesome gun wise!! Guns on guns!! The machinery and the men on the real vessel must have been phenomenal!!!!!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I KNOW it was built in secret but anyone know how long it took to build her ?
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WOW just think of all that different size caliber amo no wonder she blew up
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN Bri just wonderin what the holes are for at the end of the catapults ?
chrisb

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
WOW just think of all that different size caliber amo no wonder she blew up
chrisb
I'm kinda wondering where the crew slept? As I said earlier, machinery, generators ammunition storage and crew all fitted into that hull.
Brian has done a truly amazing job of reproducing an immense floating war machine!!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL from what ive seen of japanes people they seem fairly small an the probely hot bunked
chrisb

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
WELL from what ive seen of japanes people they seem fairly small an the probely hot bunked
chrisb
That did run through my mind too, but the shear numbers!!! Don't suppose the Japanese did dummy weapon systems in those days!! Only the Soviets were THAT devious!!! (I'm thinking HMAS Melbourne Vs A USSR Krivak. Melbourne 1 - USSR Vessel 0) Previously thought SAN missile systems splintered into wooden shards!!!

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Bri cheers for your reply as ive been wondering what went there now i know the catapults brilliant modeling very well done Sir an are you not goin to fit some 1/200 crew figures on her as that would bring her to life ? as i think you can get them as i was goin to get some 1/350th crew figures for my USS ENTERPRISE but could not afford it at the time
chrisb

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
are you not goin to fit some 1/200 crew figures on her as that would bring her to life ?
Sorry Chris I ain't got the eyes or inclination to brush paint lots and lots of little people :smiling3:
Looking mighty fine Brian.
Thanks Ian I have to admit I don't envy you now I know what your in for lol
Brian

Last edited:

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
WOW, WOW,WOW superb. interesting design concept - seems all the other countries spread the weapons and structures along the hull, where the Yamato had everything in one 'lump' maybe easier to defend but a good couple of hits and everything goes up in one go. Also seems a lot of hassle for a single plane to be launched and recovered.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Simply outstanding Brian. As Steve said interesting to see the concentration of secondary armament and AA guns around the centre!

Keep up the great work.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Sorry Chris I ain't got the eyes or inclination to brush paint lots and lots of little people :smiling3:

Thanks Ian I have to admit I don't envy you now I know what your in for lol
Brian
YES Bri i do see your point as it was bloomin hard on my 1/72 figures for my tiger but i dont know how good your eyes are as ive seen people fit 1/350 figures on a enterprise an that really set off the starship an brought it to life
chrisb