British LRDG Chevy with crew.

A

AlasdairGF

Noticed some Maori text on the front so googled - and I think I've spotted an error :sad: According to the page at http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-badges/lrdg.htm, the truck called "Te Taniwha" would have been T2, not T9. T9 (according to this other page) would have been "Te Aroha III". The serial number appears to be right for T9.

Some trivia, now that I'm started Googling...! "Te Aroha" is the name of a town and a mountain on the North Island of New Zealand (many in the LRDG were Kiwis, almost all initially), and the birthplace of Trooper Ronald "Skin" Moore, DCM, about whom more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Joseph_Moore. A "Taniwha" is the Maori name for a dragon-like mythical creature that was sometimes seen as a monster, and sometimes a protector.

Apart from that - an awesome build. Just the right amount of wear & tear for a vehicle - and crew! - that saw went through some tough times. 5*

[Edit: Aaron obv you will know all of this trivia, not trying to teach granny to suck eggs! More for the benefit of those of us not lucky enough to have been born in NZ...]

Last edited:
P

Polux

Aaahhh Aaron....you always dissapear for a while and then return with some exotic and beautiful treasure like this!! ;)

Fantastic attention to detail and amazing general colour. :eek:

Great scene!!

Polux

First Name
Aaron
Thank you everyone.

The rocks are stacked bark with polyfill.

I knew about the decal descrepency but im not really worried about little things like that. :smiling3:I had to research because one of the kiwi decals had a red bar under it and one had a green bar

The lrdg had a "t" group and a "r" group, the kit has decals for "r" group as well. That being Rotorua.

Thank you polux i aquired the ak interactive modern us oif paint and weathering set for the colour.The reason i dissapear is because im such a slow builder...i wish i could bang them out faster because my stash is getting too big.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Aaron

Magnificent dio build!

I can't really add anything new to what has already been said but the dio deserves the praise nonetheless. I especially like the interaction of the figures - every figure has a purpose in the scene.

Quality stuff

Paul

M

mobear

quality build mate love the rips look very awesome and real,well played

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Superb build and dio Aaron. A nice commemoration of the LRDG and SAS, of which New Zealanders as you say, made up a large part.

First Name
Aaron
I had a weekend away on holiday...thanks everyone for more great comments.