British Sherman Mk.III Dragon 1/35

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I can already tell that this is going to be a nice model.

Great prep work and looking forward to seeing this progress.

All the best

Paul

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I said nothing 'cause it's better than my one :confused:

I like the colour variation you have got into the ground colour, looks nicely aged. What paint did you use?

Where you as surprised as I was at the amount of bits left in the box when you where done building? Should come in handy for the odd diorama.

Ian M

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You're doing a great job. Looking forward to seeing this finished.

Cheers

P

P

pilot program

\ said:
I said nothing 'cause it's better than my one :confused:I like the colour variation you have got into the ground colour, looks nicely aged. What paint did you use?

Where you as surprised as I was at the amount of bits left in the box when you where done building? Should come in handy for the odd diorama.

Ian M
I used the colors as it's listed in instructions. So, Model Master 1706 sand and 1723 gunship grey. In the instructions they called it Tan and Field grey. Yes, I was surprised whit amount of "extra" parts the first time I did Dragon model. Very surprised :smiling3: You could assamble some What if model from it :smiling3: ))

Anyway, I am glad that you like it, guys :smiling3:

I am planning to put some filter on to menage it look like faded and burned by the sun. This model will represent vehicle that fought in Sicily, 1943.

P

pilot program

Some work I have been doing for the last couple of days. Gloss varnish and decals are apllied.

I used two-component finishing car varnish and I am thrilled with the result. Only two thin coats and it is shining like a disco ball :D

One of croatian modellers tested this car varnish with anything you can imagine and nothing can damage it. Not even nitro. This is very important thing to know, because:

a) your model is fully protected

b) you cannot fix any painting mistakes.

The second step was decals. Everything was just fine untill I noticed that I am missing one decal. But I didn't lose it. Dragon didn't put it in the box. So, I have one red-white-stripe decal too few (last picture) , but one "38" decal too many. I was very surprised and dissapointed with this. After consulting croatian modellers I decided to paint the missing decal. The problem is that I have to guess the shade of the red color. If you have any suggestions, I would like to hear it.

I would like to separate the pictures in two attachments segments, but I don't know how to. So, that is my second question.

Pictures (and please answer about red color and separating the pictures):

View attachment 32479

View attachment 32480

View attachment 32481

View attachment 32482

View attachment 32483

View attachment 32484

View attachment 32485

View attachment 32486

View attachment 32487

View attachment 32488

View attachment 32489

View attachment 32490

View attachment 32491

DSC02267.jpg

DSC02276.jpg

DSC02269.jpg

DSC02268.jpg

DSC02277.jpg

DSC02278.jpg

DSC02262.jpg

DSC02280.jpg

DSC02271.jpg

DSC02270.jpg

DSC02279.jpg

DSC02260.jpg

DSC02265.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Pilot (come on own ups whats your real name)?

Only just seen the last two posts.

Sounds odd that there was a decal missing. What ever. I would guess that they used Insignia red but not 100% on that. If you are worried about a match problem, If it was me I would paint them all so that there is no problem finding the right match, and for mear mortals such as us red is a paint to match.

Clive is looking great by the way and I am a tiny bit envious that mine did not come out as well!!! lol

Ian M

P

pilot program

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looking very good. You made a good job of painting those red and white markings!

I will look forwards to seeing it with the tracks on but it is looking very nice already.

Ian M

B

beav1013

looks great with the dust added. should come together nicely with the wheels and track added.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
looking good all weathered will look real nice when all put together

is it going in a dio when finished ????

geegad