British Valentine XI MkIII finished

I

IanTheWelder

Finally finished my Valentine XI MkIII, and this one has actually sold, as i have decided to put my first few tanks up for auction, just until i get the hang of things and improve somewhat. Aside from that, i`m off work after having crushed my little finger under a 20-ton press - ouch - and yes it does hurt :sad:  so the extra money helps. 

Anyhow, absolutely great little kit, with a lot more detail than i had imagined., but also a lot of fiddly parts too, ESPECIALLY those damn individual tracks, I eventually opted for the ruler method, with glue, on the second track, after having played about with some `Elmer`s` `no wrinkle Rubber Cement.... on the first track, -  its actually pretty good stuff, when you can get it right, but the track parts are so small it became very frustrating, and just when i`d held two links together and moved my fingers away, you guessed it - 90 percent of the time i`d have a track link stuck to my finger, ugh.

This is from the 1/35 Maquette kit, highly recommended if you can get hold of one. Kit was painted with Tamiya Acrylics, and dry brushed etc, looking at you guys` models, i think i need to tone down on the weathering, but i do like to portray `battle-worn` tanks :smiling3:  

In the end, the tank was sold to a guy whose late father drove these tanks during the war, so it was nice that it went to a good home., to someone who would appreciate it, made me feel i`d done some good.

At the moment, i`m just putting the finishing touches to  a 1/35 KV-1S Russian Tank, in worn winter camo, and i am about to try out the `hairbrush` technique, tomorrow... hope to get the pics up of the finished KV-1S by the weekend ( from `Eastern Express`)- if all goes well of course.... `cough`. difficult kit though...mould-wise.

anyway,regards to the group,

and thanks for looking.

ian

P1120322.JPG

P1120317.JPG

P1120303.JPG

P1120310.JPG

P1120318.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice work, looks great.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks very nice Ian,like the tones and shades your gotten,with suitable weathering very well done, 9_9

D

dubster72

Nice result Ian, there's nothing wrong with a heavily weathered tank! 

The Valentine is so similar in basic shape to the T-34 from the back ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great result Ian. I like the subtle weathering, enough to make it look business-like but not too much so it detracts from the tank itself.

I

IanTheWelder

Great result Ian. I like the subtle weathering, enough to make it look business-like but not too much so it detracts from the tank itself.

Thanks a lot Joe, much appreciated.

Nice result Ian, there's nothing wrong with a heavily weathered tank! 

The Valentine is so similar in basic shape to the T-34 from the back ;)

thank you, yes, indeed it is very similar from the back., the little handles were a nightmare.

looks very nice Ian,like the tones and shades your gotten,with suitable weathering very well done, 9_9

thank you, monica :smiling3:

Nice work, looks great.

thanks, my friend.

A very nice job indeed Ian 

cheers, ian, appreciate the comments.

C

CharleyGnarlyP290

Excellent job! The paint/weathering is really nice.

I have really grown to dig this tank over the last few months... so much so, that it is on my short list of vehicles to build.

T

tommy1drop

Cracking build and finish Ian, really like the Valentine tank and you have managed to pull this one off superbly, nice job. 

I

IanTheWelder

Excellent job! The paint/weathering is really nice.

I have really grown to dig this tank over the last few months... so much so, that it is on my short list of vehicles to build.

thanks a lot Brett, definately recommend this one.

Nice job Ian.

thank you.

Cracking build and finish Ian, really like the Valentine tank and you have managed to pull this one off superbly, nice job. 

thanks a lot, its was a nice tank to paint, thats for sure.