CA-12 Boomerang 1/48 LTD models

T

treyzx10r

I just scored this off evil-bay and figured it would be a fun challenge while waiting for the paint to dry on the XB-70. The kit is a limited run and has a lot of cleaning up to do. The fit so far has been good ,office detail is very sparse though.

I added a few scratched items in the office

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great to see another Boomer on the go trey! The cockpit looks fine now its painted, looking forward to seeing the build progress. p.s. ive been doing a bit on my boomer this weekend too after a long time away from the bench, cheers tony

T

treyzx10r

\ said:
Great to see another Boomer on the go trey! The cockpit looks fine now its painted, looking forward to seeing the build progress. p.s. ive been doing a bit on my boomer this weekend too after a long time away from the bench, cheers tony
Yes peeked in on yours and you're doing a top notch job of it!

I did'nt like the IP location so broke it off and repositioned it higher to be more accurate with the pics I found researching. Also reworked the gunsight as well and got the belly section in place. The more I read about this Bird and the Brave Pilots who flew them the more in awe I am .What a under appreciated and little known bit of history they have!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking good trey. If you need any reference sites ,ive got a few bookmarked , some nice walkaround pics (or should that be walkabout!?) , cheers tony

T

treyzx10r

Tony thanks,yes walkabout would fit the bill with this one from down under lol!

I've filled and sanded the seams then resrcibed the affected panel lines so its ready for some paint next!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
G'day trey , thats looking bonzer mate! Cant wait to see it finished , cheers tony

C

CDW

Hey Trey, great work (and patience) so far mate......

This thread should be re-titled ..... "How to turn several bits of flashy plastic into a recognisable aircraft shape"

p.s. i'm not too sure about you and Tony "peeking in on each others" ... that should be on another forum :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

M

mobear

fantastic paintwork there,mad colours but hey it works lol

mobear

T

treyzx10r

Fair Dinkum Tony,its coming along no worries;) Colin thanks ,yes its a scary sign when the kit has a disclaimer about the flash on the first page of instruction! I'll keep quite about the 'peeking in' lol;) Ole thanks hopefully the weathering process will tone the brown down a bit ,its off for sure .

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Fair dinkum :thumbs-up: Coming along well Trey. Throw another shrimp on the barbie mate.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
What a thread - all these references to the Australian culture - Strewth, I'm off to wash me Ute.