Catalina plans ?

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Just had a phone call asking me if there are any plans available for the Catalina flying boat ? the only one that I know of is the old APS control line plan,but there must be others out there ? any leads on same welcome to pass on to my friend,thank you.

D

duncan

Glad you asked that....good excuse to direct you to Jack Bales site which has a 78",1/16th scale PBY (and a lot of other interesting aircraft, including oddities). I think that Mr Bale may not be with us any more but a relation is continuing to keep the plans available. Try an email to jackbale@dreamsoft.com The website is http://web.dreamsoft.com/jackbale/home.htm There are numerous kits available of course from other sources.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Thanks Duncan,will look into these leads you have given.

A

artic-corsair

I Have A Set At 72" For 2 X 25's To 35's, 3 Sheet's, Can Get Copyed,i Think It's £4.50 A Copy, These Plans Are From The U.s.a. THEY SHOW RETRACTING FLOATS, FIXED UNDERCART (OPTIONAL) , 2 methods of wing fix/removal, the fuz is built using a central box and sliding the formers onto it, very detailed plan with construction notes.

Paul.

Last edited:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Thanks Paul,the person concerned is supposed to be ringing me soon.

Will tell him about your drawings.