CF188 OP Mobile.

S

steve scan

Ok here we go with my next foray into wingy things, Trying to find a 1/48 scale Canadian Hornet was like gold panning so I picked up Hasegawas F/A 18 A/C, Canuck models decal sheet and Wolfpacks OP Mobile up date set,

Thanks.

Last edited:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice start Steve, the instruments look great.

Si:smiling3:

S

steve scan

Thanks I have used the kit decals with lots of set/sol to get them to lie down and they are looking better already.

First Name
Richard
Hi Steve,

nice start will follow a long if you don't mind;)

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Count me in for the ride along. Love watching these builds come along. I'm a relative newbie so picking up loads of tips. By the way that's an interesting use of fishing plummets. :smiling3:

T

treyzx10r

Nice seat and IP Steve ! I'm looking forward to seeing this build out!

S

steve scan

Not done much this week, work and a slight rearranging of my workshop got in the way, any way this is where I am up to, the decals on the instruments settled down nicely and look good enough to me, there is a little filling and rubbing down to do but not to bad a fit,

Thanks for looking.

D

Deleted member 3568

Great start there will tag along with this one not tried a plane like this before but I've noticed they seem to be all very detailed, are all manufacturers ofthis type of plane so detailed.

S

steve scan

Great start there will tag along with this one not tried a plane like this before but I've noticed they seem to be all very detailed, are all manufacturers ofthis type of plane so detailed

Thanks, yeah the modern kits carry a lot detail, we are spoiled really these days. :smiling3:

S

steve scan

Had no time on this for week, so slow going assembled the intakes, flaps etc. have to say that I am not impressed with the fit of this kit and I have had and still have a lot of filling and rubbing to do, a lot of nice fine detail but impossible not to destroy a lot of it,

Thanks for looking.

T

treyzx10r

Looking great Steve,yea my super bug had the same fit issues. Thought Has would've done a better job for sure. Nothing I'm sure you wo'nt whip into shape ! Looking forward to the next update!

S

steve scan

Thanks Trey I thought so too, got an Hobby boss one coming I hope that one is better. :rolleyes:

T

treyzx10r

Yours actually looks like it fit better than mine,

The tail areas around the exhaust and Horizontal stab were bad as well. Sure hope Your Hobby Boss kit is better! Please let me know if it is when you get it. Really would like to have a better Bug. Cheers Trey

S

steve scan

I will Trey, yours makes mine look reasonable, not what I expected from Hasegawa.

S

steve scan

So not done much on this recently, put it away at one point but got it back out this morning and have done yet more filling, then started adding the resin IFF aerials on the nose and the swept aerial on the upper fuselage,

Thanks for looking.