Chasing Rommel

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
do like this one as well,i real like the style that you have it works for me,

nice use of weathring and color,and not over done with the burnt out half track as well, ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
do like this one as well,i real like the style that you have it works for me,nice use of weathring and color,and not over done with the burnt out half track as well, ;)
Thank you ,flattered that you follow my work

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Need some ideas for next desert dio have a Semovente {unbuilt and } 1 ton demag --not sure if I should make them knocked out or operational --- how's the leanings out there?

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Superb Job Jim ...... First class work. I like it a lot.

Peter

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Remember this one Steve? I think that's your guy right there! only solo this time! :D

D

dubster72

I missed this 1st time around, so I'm glad to see it!

Great work Jim, the Grant looks awesome in particular & it's clever how you've done the Famo.

That must be a pretty big board for all that action! ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I missed this 1st time around, so I'm glad to see it!
Great work Jim, the Grant looks awesome in particular & it's clever how you've done the Famo.

That must be a pretty big board for all that action! ;)
Thank you Patrick, actually board is only 12in x 13in, halftrack only a 1ton Demag not a big Famo, build is from early 80s {oldie but goodie} so many builds in the "Abyss" as I call it that they get lost in the sauce. I wonder if any kind of "gallery" thingy could be made up where one can just punch up a member and scan all their work in one shot, instead of having to search about so much. I don't know if this would cause too much redundancy or overload the server. I guess that's would be for more knowing minds to asses, though it does sound like a nice thing to have...:rolleyes:.......Jim

D

dubster72

\ said:
Thank you Patrick, actually board is only 12in x 13in, halftrack only a 1ton Demag not a big Famo, build is from early 80s {oldie but goodie} so many builds in the "Abyss" as I call it that they get lost in the sauce. I wonder if any kind of "gallery" thingy could be made up where one can just punch up a member and scan all their work in one shot, instead of having to search about so much. I don't know if this would cause too much redundancy or overload the server. I guess that's would be for more knowing minds to asses, though it does sound like a nice thing to have...:rolleyes:.......Jim
There is already a gallery on here! Or perhaps members could put up the web address of whatever hosting site they use like photobucket etc? :P

First Name
Robert
That is fantastic, blinking awesome

How long did something so huge take you to build? The detail is amazing the wrecked demag? It's just really nice to see such dedication to a hobby.

Well done ( even if it's old it looks brilliant )

Robert

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nice one Jim

Lee :smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
How long did something so huge take you to build? The detail is amazing the wrecked demag? It's just really nice to see such dedication to a hobby.

Robert
\ said:

Robert
There you see, didn't even know it was there did you? Not every one has the time to dig deep and find stuff. I know myself I'm missing some great stuff. Maybe I'll just make a thread in "Chit Chat" called "Blast From The Past" where any one can bring back builds for those who might not have seen them, especially newer members. but I'll wait until I get some feedback first {don't want to step on any toes with my big feet} :D ................Jim

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Oh, so sorry Robert! thank you so much! :smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
How did I miss this!!!!

Wonderful work.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
How did I miss this!!!!
Wonderful work.
Thank you Aaron, would I be seen as presumptuous if I was to bring up an old build every now and then? I invite others to do the same, so much is missed, so much great work on the site. ....Jim :smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
I have a habit of only checking the recent posts and rarely troll the threads. I never check the gallery because I'm lazy.

\ said:
There you see, didn't even know it was there did you? Not every one has the time to dig deep and find stuff. I know myself I'm missing some great stuff. Maybe I'll just make a thread in "Chit Chat" called "Blast From The Past" where any one can bring back builds for those who might not have seen them, especially newer members. but I'll wait until I get some feedback first {don't want to step on any toes with my big feet} :D ................Jim
No rules against that mate, I think bumping is only an issue on for sale threads.