Clean your parts with your Sonicare toothbrush.

M

Mugwump1

Hello everyone. This is my first post here.

I found a model in a box from 15 or so years ago and it has reignited my interest in modeling.

I was changing my brush head on my Sonicare toothbrush and it struck me that I could use the old one to clean models for painting with it. It is very gentle on smaller parts and produces lots of bubble and scrubbing with no effort. You can clean airbrushes as well I would guess.

Hope it helps someone. You can even use it an excuse to multitask expenses so to speak. Tell your old lady you can save on dentist bills with the uber brush(which you will) and you can sneak it away every now and then and swap another brush end on for the dirty work. ;)

Last edited:
G

Graeme Brumfitt

Mugwump1 Hi and welcome.

Have used one to clean my bike bits, if you cut the bristles off and glue a piece of rubber to the end then attach a piece of velcro you can then fit velcro backed sanding paper to sand small parts. I have used this when I make bowls on the lathe but have yet to use it for modelling.

Graeme

B

Bunkerbarge

Hi Mugwump and a warm welcome to the scale models forum. Thanks for the useful tip to start us off with as well which also acts a s a useful reminder how important it is to clean parts before painting, especially if you are after a perfect finish.

Looking forward to seeing some of your models and hearing more from you. I hope you enjoy the site and find something of interest amongst the archives we have here.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I've just got a new sonicare brush myself, it was cheaper buying the whole thing that just the heads for my old one I was going to chuck my old one away, but not now, I would have never thought of using it in that way, and as Graeme said converting it to a sander :smiling3:

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
And, it will leave your model minty fresh too!!!!!:noyesfight: