CMK 1/72 Arado ar68F

W

Willi262

I see these guys are sensitive to the German "anti-swastika" laws, and split the decal in 2, just like the little 144 scale 262 I had done...

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I see these guys are sensitive to the German "anti-swastika" laws, and split the decal in 2, just like the little 144 scale 262 I had done...
Yep, a bit too sensitive I think. Yes it was a symbol of evil, in context to that timeline, but it happened and it is part of our good and bad history. Might as well ban it from history books.

I digress, sorry. Looks like a nice little build Ian.

Si:smiling3:

W

Willi262

At first I thought I would put them on, one half swastika at a time. Then I thought it might be easier to put them both on at the same time, with the same drop of water, and just juggle them into position. It was a tiring task...

W

Willi262

\ said:
Yep, a bit too sensitive I think. Yes it was a symbol of evil, in context to that timeline, but it happened and it is part of our good and bad history. Might as well ban it from history books.I digress, sorry. Looks like a nice little build Ian.

Si:smiling3:
Yeah, to me, it's just a symbol. A little picture. I personally do not feel any attachment to nazism and the ideology that supports mass murder, even of those who "don't measure up". Some model makers get around the loop-hole (Tamiya) by claiming they include these decals because "its' historically accurate". The only use that the germans will allow. Don't ever get caught using them to promote hate or violence, and everything will be ok. And (I didn't know this), you can get 2 years in prison in germany for even jokingly giving the 'heil hitler salute". Good travel tips...

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Look forward to seeing this one Ian, you even have a little bit of rigging to do. You're a rigging ace though after that HP400 a while back so shouldn't be an issue for you.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking forward to this one Ian , I remember you getting this one. Its a great subject , something we dont see everyday , which is why i like it, cheers tony

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I look forward to seeing this Ian it looks like a nice kit and I'm sure you will do it proud :smiling3:

On the swashtika issue I feel if you ignore the issue with banning things it can cause more damage down the road , some people will ask the question of why it was banned and look into it and think it's a silly thing to do but some might be swayed into the whole fascism aspect , just look at music , the sex pistols had every single bar one banned by the bbc and they agent to number 1

If you ban something it raises a curiosity that some people will find appealing.

It is actually a symbol for peace in the Hindu faith

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Actually it is Euro Law. Model kits are classed as toys and as such the Swastika is forbidden by that law.

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Liking this one Ian , it looks like a nice ,enjoyable build , tony

P

Polux

Very nice little build Ian.

Look forward your paint work on it!

Cheers

First Name
Dave
The pre shading on the wing ribs looks a good idea .Will have to try that on my next biplane build.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking good Ian , and quick work too. The head on pic looks like its got a face , complete with flying goggles on !! tony

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
The pre shading on the wing ribs looks a good idea .Will have to try that on my next biplane build.
Thanks Dave I pre-shade in-between the ribs so that the higher part ( rib ) is lighter with it being stretched