Here's mine.
17d8dad4-0af1-4b59-a987-a19af2ed8d1d-jpeg.498365

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
The last one I did had lozenge decals top & bottom - tricky enough
You know all about this one then. Eduard have been kind enough to include 4 or 5 decal options, all very colourful. What surprised me was, no rigging. Honestly, I wasn't trying to avoid rigging !

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Finally, I’m off.
I’ve built an engine. I haven’t quite decided if it’s finished yet, it might need some more plumbing etc. However, that depends on how much you can actually see once it’s installed.
FC608E3D-7CFD-4C27-95D5-7D6BA9D73200.jpeg

Then, I built a bit of the cockpit. It still needs a bit more work. I need to dull its shinyness ( new word there) and make it a touch grubby.
The odd thing is, the fuselage halves don’t have any location pins, so I’m having to fit each crossways bulkhead individually. This is taking a bit of time.
D232C6DD-F3A9-460F-A390-2EC645622025.jpeg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Good work so far. Engine looks the same as the one in my Roland and Andy’s Albatross, but yours is better finished than mine ;) Cockpit looks really nice, especially the faded fabric on the cockpit wall.
Interesting you said about the locating pins. Mine has them but they are vague. In fact, the Eduard Roland has a sort of short run kit feel to it.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking most excellent there Colin :thumb2: ,
As Tim said,the engines do look similar... apart from when it comes to painting mine up of course!! :tears-of-joy:,
Tim is, obviously a bit of "master painter",and looking at your's,you ain't far behind him.... Me?!...
... I'm just a slogger,but I shall blunder on!! ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
As Tim said,the engines do look similar... apart from when it comes to painting mine up of course!! :tears-of-joy:,
Tim is, obviously a bit of "master painter",and looking at your's,you ain't far behind him.... Me?!...
Master painter I ain’t! Just a journeyman that has worked out simple techniques to get acceptable results.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
If your a 'slogger' where does that put me!! 'slap it on - oh that'll do' :smiling2: :smiling2: :smiling2:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Engines look similar, because.......................they're the same! - Mercedes D.IIIa used by Albatros, Roland, Fokker, Pfalz & others - At the very end of the war, a few BMW egines replaced the Mercedes
Dave

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin