Columbo

First Name
Robert
hi guys and gals

I bought my wife a compleated set of columbo DVDs for xmas as she loves the man and the idea

I'm looking for a 1/24 kit of the car he had ( really to make it for her birthday ( Aug next year)

I think it was a Peugeot 503

Any help on kits etc

Regards

Robert

D

dubster72

You're in luck Robert! It was a Peugeot 403 that Colombo drove & there's one on eBay

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Heller-Vintage-Model-Car-kit-1-43rd-scale-Peugeot-403-New-factory-sealed-/262005173936

The only thing is it should be a 2 door, so some surgery might be needed

First Name
Robert
Cheers Patrick

Aghhhhh the dreaded surgery!! And also there's the Windows ( could get around that mi suppose but there the damned soft top too!!!!!

Regards

Robert

First Name
Robert
Converting a 4 door to a two door could be difficult too as I'm not that good at surgery to make a 4 door into a two door. That's removing the roof the central pillar, extending the doors repositioning the pillars and making a bigger boot and lowering the rear of the roof to re convert to a convertible......... The 403 convert le looks longer too

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Why not just buy her a dirty raincoat and a cigar for her Birthday.....It'd be easier :D

columbo-main-pic.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
First Name
Robert
\ said:
Why not just buy her a dirty raincoat and a cigar for her Birthday.....It'd be easier :D
View attachment 141441
That's funny Peter really

Can't say but when I met my good lady she says she liked Columbo ( he's the man she kept saying he's amazing how he just knows his stuff ( I say babes it's a script it's just a programme ) but every time it's on the TV she wants it recorded so I thought well I get her the disc set ( he made a few films I can tell you.......

The she says you should build his car why not it's a piece of junk he drives so it will be easy.....

Now we all know it's never that easy. So I'm searching the tinternet for the Peaugeot 403 ( preferably in 1/24

Oh and did I say I don't build car kits....... But as my wife as laid down the gauntlet and I think I can fit it in between now and August ( don't ask what year though as I still got to find it and build it......