COMPLETE Spitfire Mk24

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Here's a few photos of the Revell 1/32 Spitfire Mk24 (80 Sqn. based in Hong Kong) "inflight". Even the visually impaired will see the acrylic rod shoved up its a**e!

As I said in the build thread it's a kit that is showing its age but,in the end,it looks like a Spitfire to me.

Recommended only for those who fancy a challenge.

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Steve, that is one very nice Spitfire. I knew you would win out in the end.

It took a bit of taming, but just look at the result. A very fine model and doesn't she look good 'In the air'?

Well done. *****

Ron

B

Bunkerbarge

Absolute cracker. I don't think we do enough in flight models and we forget at just how different an aircraft looks displayed like this. Beautifully finished and, from what we have seen of the challenges with this kit, a credit to you for getting it together so nicely.

Š

Španac

Superior work! I have not seen such a long efekt real metal.

Congratulations on the excellent work. And now I'm going to enjoy watching.

cheers

Ivica

p.s.

:emo11: on bad English

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks for being so kind gentlemen.

Ron,it did need some work,but for a kit that cost less than 20 quid you can't complain!

Richard,couldn't agree more,I like to build the odd in flight model for precisely those reasons.

Spanac,thankyou. I'm happy you like the finish. Making a small piece of plastic look like a big piece of metal is the hardest thing we model makers try to do! Don't worry about your english,we all understand and your models speak for themselves.

Cheers

Steve

F

Fenlander

Very nice Steve. Shows what can be done with a bit of a pigs ear, this is one nice silk purse. Quite a way behind you as I have had to leave it out for a couple of days but there is no way it is going to end up like yours, well done bud, you are a master of these things.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Excelent work as usual Steve

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You certainly knocked that one into shape Steve. *****