Steve. Nice turn out the background sets it off nicely

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
First Barry with a 1/48 and now you with a 1/72! What is the world coming to!

Great result Steve. Like the night and white!
Hope the eyes didn't suffer to much squinting through the magnifiers. ( I would be reaching for my 8X10 bins).

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Excellent job Steve!!! And such a tiny little thang too.......Ahhh, only to be 40 years younger.................

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice job Steve, really looks the part. Just out of interest, what is the grey stripe on the left wing?

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work Steve!

A nice little model there.

ATB

Andrew

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice job Steve, really looks the part. Just out of interest, what is the grey stripe on the left wing?

It's an anti slip/wear material on the wing walkway. It was supposed to protect the area and stop you falling off. WW2 versions were usually black (I've seen some modern grey ones) but apparently early Blenheims had a silver-grey version.
Later versions had a black one on the port side and another smaller one on the other side. There was a small drag penalty so fighters often did not have them. However, there must have been a penalty for this sort of wear too.

spitwalk gaspatch_small .jpg
The the wing root is an area in which a lot of drag can be generated so anything that can be done to mitigate that is a good thing. It's why the Spitfire has that huge wing root fillet and why the paint finish was supposed to be carefully maintained. That photograph was taken when their were other more pressing priorities but would have been unacceptable on a UK based aircraft a year later.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Steve. Funnily enough, I thought the way into a Blenheim was from underneath. Obviously it’s from above on the left then :tongue-out3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks Steve. Funnily enough, I thought the way into a Blenheim was from underneath. Obviously it’s from above on the left then :tongue-out3:

Yep, you can see the hand and foot holds up the port side for the gunner.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Tidy result there Steve. I think I'll concentrate more on 1:72 until my eyes and hands go !

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
A nice clean build Steve, you can now give your eyes a rest. 1/32 scale on your next one?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb job steve , beautifully built and finished and as always an informative and interesting thread , looking forward to the next 1/72 build and perhaps 1/144 ;):smiling5: cheers tony