Completed...Confederate Grape Shot....Chancellorsville, May 1863

N

noble

Beautiful and unusual piece Ron, you get a real sense of action here you can literally feel the adrenalin and fear of the cavalry here. Very nicely done mate I do love it.

Scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry for the late response boys....We've been off with the 'Blue Rinse Brigade' again!

Thanks for the excellent posts on my mini dio.

Paul, just doing these three figures near saw me off, so what you suggest probably would! - but you never know......

Cheers all,

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
No idea how I missed this one, but there has been a regular Tsunami of posts of late.

That is brilliant, and not a drop of water in sight.

Very dynamic. Loads of action and the poses are, despite the situation, very natural. You know what I mean. lol Life like.

Great build Ron.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul, just doing these three figures near saw me off, so what you suggest probably would! - but you never know......
Yes, painting figures is a really painstaking process, but it is really rewarding. I felt the same as you way when I completed the Kursk dio ,'I don't want to paint any more bloody figures!!!'

However, I'm hoping to start I major dio this year with dozens of figures, possibly 50+! I think the effect will be amazing but I have to say I'm not really looking forward to the process (lol).

Obviously I'm won't pressure you into anything, and I'm sure you've got other exciting projects on the burner, but maybe exploring and expanding this kind of diorama is something worth pursuing. I know I'd be interested. I know you've been doing a lot of sea based dios of late and with great results maybe this is another avenue?

Anyway, have fun and please look out for a future dio probably entitled 'Eindhoven '44' this will be the scene with the cast of thousands!!! it will also feature my grandad!

All the best fella

Paul

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the great comments Ian. You are right, there has been a veritable cascade of posts and finished models of late....I truly can't keep pace with it all.

Just to correct you a bit....There is water present. See the bloke on the right, he's just copped a bit of grapeshot and it's made his eyes water!!!!

Paul, I remember you 'Kursk' dio. that was an epic, but compared with your next intended build, it was only a day's work! Get it started and post plenty of pictures please.....

For my part, I'm getting together some stuff for a mega build in 1/72, which I'm starting in a week or so.....Rorkes Drift. I reckon about a cast of 4000!...and that's just the Zulus!......Beat that!!! lol!

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
For my part, I'm getting together some stuff for a mega build in 1/72, which I'm starting in a week or so.....Rorkes Drift. I reckon about a cast of 4000!...and that's just the Zulus!......Beat that!!! lol!
Now you're talkin!!! I can't wait...

Men of Harlech, march to glory,

Victory is hov'ring o'er ye,

Bright-eyed freedom stands before ye,

Hear ye not her call?

Fabulous!

Paul

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That's to the point!....Cheers Adrian, I'm glad you like my mini dio.

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Gregg, I like it, that's even more to the point than Adrian's post!

Thanks for posting.

Cheers mate.....

Ron