COMPLETED: DUNKIRK 'LITTLE SOLDIERS' 1/35 SCALE JETTY DIO.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Here is my Little Soldiers Dunkirk Dio. Finally got around to finish it off. It has had a few extras added, the radio, water can etc. The boat has been added and half sunk, wood debris in the water, silicone added and then a watered down black and grey added to simulate fuel oil and give a general dark ugly feel to it.

There is no escape across to blighty for these French lads who have no idea what is really going on.

Comments welcome as all ways and thank you for looking.

Si:smiling3:

View attachment 76424

View attachment 76425

View attachment 76426

View attachment 76427

View attachment 76428

View attachment 76429

View attachment 76430

View attachment 76431

View attachment 76432

View attachment 76449

View attachment 76450

View attachment 76451

DSCF2381.JPG

DSCF2387.JPG

DSCF2390.JPG

DSCF2391.JPG

DSCF2394.JPG

DSCF2396.JPG

DSCF2400.JPG

DSCF2402.JPG

DSCF2404.JPG

DSCF2416.JPG

DSCF2418.JPG

DSCF2421.JPG

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
You've done it again Si , not only is it brilliantly put together and painted it has feeling as well , are the kids brothers who have been orphaned ? Are they just kids having a look at what's left after battle through the curiosity of innocence ? Did they witness the last boat on the jetty suffering the final payload from a Stuka?

Great stuff mate very well done :smiling3:

First Name
Richard
Nice one Si,

love the setup a unusual idea, but beautiful executed. :smiling3:

the boot, yep the boot gives the whole diorama such a dramatic feeling of the damage that has been done.

nice really like it.

Cheers Richi

Last edited by a moderator:
N

noble

Nicely done indeed the diorama gives a feeling of what has been. The painted children are very nice well done.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great little dio, Si ,has so much going on but is easy to take in, and the lads have said what i would off added, well done

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
You've done it again Si , not only is it brilliantly put together and painted it has feeling as well , are the kids brothers who have been orphaned ? Are they just kids having a look at what's left after battle through the curiosity of innocence ? Did they witness the last boat on the jetty suffering the final payload from a Stuka?Great stuff mate very well done :smiling3:
Thanks Alan, glad you like it mate and that it comes across as telling a story.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Ni one Si,love the setup a unusual idea, but beautiful executed. :smiling3:

the boot, yep the boot gives the whole diorama such a dramatic feeling of the damage that has been done.

nice really like it.

Cheers Richi
Most kind Richi to pop in and comment. Really pleased you like it mate.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Nicely done indeed the diorama gives a feeling of what has been. The painted children are very nice well done.
Ta Scott, my wife painted the children, I had a case of severe shaky handiness...they would have been just paint blobs lol. Glad you like it though.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
great little dio, Si ,has so much going on but is easy to take in, and the lads have said what i would off added, well done
Hi Moni, I am glad that it isn't too over done, that was my worry, do I add a bit more? Does it convey the abandoned equipment in a hurry? Have I added too much?

Glad you like it and thank you for commenting.

0ne48thtel

Si those figures are cracking mate top marks to your wife. Well to you both really on a great build

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
if any think at all Si, hope im not out off line, you could add some things to the boat, like a fishing pole,

and maybe and a smalle bag or 2 plus some oar,s , but thats just me

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Si those figures are cracking mate top marks to your wife. Well to you both really on a great build
Cheers Terry, she is great at painting them. I did some 1/144 scale ones, they came out okay as you cannot really see much detail, but with my hands shaking a bit I thought better than trying to have a go...hence the call to the wife to arm herself with a paintbrush and paints...bless her.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
if any think at all Si, hope im not out off line, you could add some things to the boat, like a fishing pole,and maybe and a smalle bag or 2 plus some oar,s , but thats just me
Not out of line at all Moni, suggestions are the thing that we all need at times as we can become blinkered to our builds. Reason I didn't add anything to the boat is it still has its cover on so the oars, fittings etc are inside. May add some rope snaking off it and into the water.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I just love this. Your dios are always thought provoking Si , not just a tank or plane on a base but a reflection of the bigger picture , how war affects people ,objects in different ways . Like other stuff on here (Gerns Cross of Iron GB build and Rons Letter from Vietnam spring to mind) its fantastic the way you make people stop and think , it really engages the viewer to look beyond the model. Anyway what I'm waffling on about is that I like this ! Great job , cheers tony

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh good point i did not realise that , well that makes sence then, yes a rode would be good, as its half sunk ,

P

Polux

Excellent little scene Si.

Is original and different. I speacially like the colour on the clothes, are very fine!

Great build!

Polux

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I just love this. Your dios are always thought provoking Si , not just a tank or plane on a base but a reflection of the bigger picture , how war affects people ,objects in different ways . Like other stuff on here (Gerns Cross of Iron GB build and Rons Letter from Vietnam spring to mind) its fantastic the way you make people stop and think , it really engages the viewer to look beyond the model. Anyway what I'm waffling on about is that I like this ! Great job , cheers tony
Thanks Tony, very kind words indeed. I am so pleased that my models seem to offer more to some people, funny how you don't see that yourself o_O I look at others work and are truly amazed.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
oh good point i did not realise that , well that makes sence then, yes a rode would be good, as its half sunk ,
I may have a go at heating a section of the boats cover so it goes soft enough to place a barrel in to it...not sure, may make a mess of it lol.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Excellent little scene Si.Is original and different. I speacially like the colour on the clothes, are very fine!

Great build!

Polux
Thank you Polux for popping and leaving a wonderful comment. So pleased you enjoyed my lost innocence dio.