Completed Revell 1-48 scale Spitfire MkXVI

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Well I managed it, and I lived to tell the tale.
I learned some lessons, re-learned some, and discovered the need for a few new lessons.
Some areas are improved and in some there is ample room for improvement, but on the whole I am happy with this.
It's certainly the best I've ever got my decals to look.
So here it is, thanks all for following.
Revell 1-48 Spitfire MkXVI  (2).jpgRevell 1-48 Spitfire MkXVI  (3).jpgRevell 1-48 Spitfire MkXVI  (4).jpgRevell 1-48 Spitfire MkXVI  (5).jpgRevell 1-48 Spitfire MkXVI  (6).jpgRevell 1-48 Spitfire MkXVI  (7).jpgRevell 1-48 Spitfire MkXVI  (8).jpgRevell 1-48 Spitfire MkXVI  (9).jpgRevell 1-48 Spitfire MkXVI  (10).jpgRevell 1-48 Spitfire MkXVI  (11).jpgRevell 1-48 Spitfire MkXVI (1).jpg
Cheers
Neil

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Well thank you very much ,chaps!
I'm totally blown away by the great comments.
The big disappointment for me is the poor quality of my spray finish,especially the final matt lacquer coat which is a bit furry. I presume it's about air pressure versus paint consistency, so that's my next area of concentration.
But really, thanks again
cheers
Neil

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Although, it's not you, it's me - I can't do clipped winged Spitfires, they're a bit like a pink Rolls Royce.

Thanks Colin, I kind of agree, but I chose that option because it isn't a type I would choose for myself and this was really a 'thank you' to my colleagues who gave me the kit.
It will live on my desk at work- if I ever get back there!