Completed Squadron leader Douglas Bader's Hawker Hurricane MK I 242 squadron RAF Coltishall 1940

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Alan, that is a very nice Hurricane. Top job, coupled with some very nice weathering and simple base, it all makes for an excellent presentation. Well done......

Just one criticism.....He looks nothing like Kenneth Moore!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Ron I'm glad you like it

I have this fixation with Hurricanes at the minuet and I have another one just what about me lol

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well done Alan that came out very nicely in the end! It certainly looks like it has seen some action. Your man Bader has obviously been up, bagging a few huns :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Steve I appreciate that :smiling3:

Now I'm stuck for choice on my next build

M

mobear

love it,the weathering and staining is awesome,though i would be greatful of the parachute lol,if i seen a leak like that on my car me thinks i would worry llol,and the figure looks great,highly comended

mobear

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great build Alan, looks very good mate

Lee :smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Nice n dirty well used hurricane love it Doug looks good to top job well done

D

dubster72

You've done an excellent job on that one Alan! I like how the Hurri looks well used - a real workhorse for old tin legs!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
impressive build Alan, lov it, :D , great job on painting Doug, he turned out so well, and do real like the

hurricane, very nice weathering, the way i see a warbird as well,

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Alan

Very nice Bader Hurricane. The man himself certainly looks pleased with his day's work!

Great job on the fighter it certainly looks as though it's seen some action.

One question though: Sky spinner? I'm pretty sure that during the BoB it was black. And for V7467 I think it was a Rotol prop and spinner, not the De havilland. I only state this for accuracy purposes and this shouldn't detract from a great build. If it worries you it shouldn't be difficult to swap (that is if the Rotol prop was provided in the kit).

Cheers

P

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Paul thanks for that your correct it should be black I just checked my reference from this photo andyrobs posted for me but the spinner is correct as in this photo of a replica at RAF Coltishall View attachment 83077

I have found a bit of difference in the reference I did about this like the hitler pick on the nose some say there was two some say only one

But I shall be painting the spinner black :smiling3:

Thanks for your input mate

image.jpg

T

treyzx10r

Alan looks a proper front line Hurri! Great representation of the legend Himself,very nicely done Sir!