Completed Squadron leader Douglas Bader's Hawker Hurricane MK I 242 squadron RAF Coltishall 1940

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Very nice build mate love the bader story too :smiling3:

John

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul thanks for that your correct it should be black I just checked my reference from this photo andyrobs posted for me but the spinner is correct as in this photo of a replica at RAF Coltishall
Hi Alan

I'd be very careful when taking reference from replicas such as this. The spinner on that gate guardian is neither the DH or Rotol used on Mk1 Hurris. Looks to me like the longer Rotol spinner used on Mk IIs. I've come across these kinds of conundrums countless times and it's always best to get as many reference sources as you can to be as accurate as possible, and even then sometimes you can never be 100% sure :confused:

I'm sure 99% of people seeing your excellent Hurricane will neither notice nor care and will simply marvel at a great model:smiling3:

All the best

Paul

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks for that Paul I appreciate that , to be honest this isn't a mkI kit it's the sea hurricane and I changed out some parts from my MK IIC to make it a MK I it was the only spinner I had in the kit so I had to put it on.

I have also noticed something wrong with that gate gaudian , the exhausts are from the later rolls Royce engines so your right about being careful about using replicas as a base.

But I new about that so I put the earlier exhaust on

At least I got something right :D

Thanks again Paul :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Awesome mate, one of your best IMO, great paintwork and weathering. I like this very much.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Derrick I'm pleased you like it :smiling3: