Corrugated tin roofing sheets

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I've just spotted this on my work bench.....

We owe this cracking 'How to' to our good buddy Graham (fenlander).

Pick a dozen or so straight cocktail sticks, butt them together and glue to a suitable base...I used 1/4" plywood.

Nick yet more kitchen foil or similar, and lay a piece onto the cocktail sticks. Hold firmly, and with another stick held at a low angle, (with the end slightly blunter than the original sharp end) carefully drag the stick down the 'grooves'. Don't push too hard!

There you go instant corrugations.......Paint as desired.

To make it stronger, you can glue it to a thin piece of card, but beware, too much glue and the card will warp!

Thinner or thicker sticks can be found...Kebab sticks are great for 1/16th scale and upwards.

Wherever you are, thanks Graham,

Ron

View attachment 49158

View attachment 49159

Rons how to do this and that 045.jpg

Rons how to do this and that 044.jpg

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

You can also strip one layer of card off corrugated cardboard and spray metallic paint onto it. Just be very careful that you do not pierce the card board. A good tip is to push skewers through the corrugated cardboard and push a chopstick through

T

treyzx10r

I borrowed his tip for the P-61 Dio and it worked really well! Will have to give him props if he ever pops in again

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I use the takeaway foil containers for this. Another idea is to use a pin or needle to perforate it and then with some rust coloured paint you can replicate some really old corroded sheets of it for fencing or roofing.

PaulTRose

Survivor
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
nice tip....i can think of a few uses for this in the future :clap_1: