CUSTOM E-Typer

J

John Huggins

Thanks lads for ur kind comments, just started on the pointy end to-day.

John

W

Willi262

There's a Dr. Who a thon running at the moment, and the 50th anniversary special was on, so, I didn't get as much done today on my own project as I hoped.

I'm what could best be described of as a 'casual fan', my wife having the superior interest.

Maybe tomorrow...

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Pimp my ride has nothing on you John :D This is turning out to be a stunning work of art, okay the tragedy is a mangled E-Type, but out of that sordid, horrific...nay, damn-heart-rending travesty...something good has emerged, the light has shone on this from far above and the God's approve, as do I.

Funnily enough, Enzo Ferrari called the series one on release: "The most beautiful car ever made". Would he like your version...maybe not, but he's dead so who cares...CARRY ON!

Si:smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

John Huggins

On that fine note i shall carry on with ur blessing.

John

Last edited:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
On that fine note i shall carry on with with ur blessing.John
Indeed sir...this shall be...the custom E-type's...finest hour.

Si:smiling3:

C

CDW

Wood ... Good

Rails ... Good

Engine ... Good

Interior ... Good

Says he with a tear in his eye for the classic E type that's given its life so you may play :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

J

John Huggins

Ok started on the pointy end, had an issue with this bit had to remove the H/T leads, when i test fitted the bonnet it would not close down all the way.

Once removed i had a perfect fit, will try to fit new ones but a little smaller but its going to be a bit fiddly with the engine fitted, battery connected & fuel pip to carbs installed.

Hope to fit wheel hubs with flexy hose & brake pips today.

View attachment 73775

View attachment 73776

View attachment 73777

John

P1080159.JPG

P1080160.JPG

P1080161.JPG

Last edited: