D&D wizards

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm going to stick my neck out and blog these. I'm by no means a miniature painter so don't get too excited, but I'm posting on my social media too and they're an even tougher crowd :smiling5:

I've started with the skin & hair and since they depict a low, medium & high level character (plus a dead / unconscious one) I've tried to follow the scupts and make them look older too as they level up.

PXL_20230427_195557442.jpg

I haven't fully decided on a colour scheme yet but will probably play safe with blue.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Not a genre I've ever considered but these fantasy Lord of the Rings type figures do paint up onto great models. Looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Fingers crossed Jim.

Mick - I got them through Amazon but they're from The Grinning Gargoyle. They do a couple of other sets that I might have a go at if these go well.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Even in that primer they look good Andy.
Seat please , preferably near a door , as they look a bit dangerous :smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice sculpts. He reminds me of someone, but I can’t think who…..
Faces are coming on well. Always the best way to start I think, get them looking like a person and the rest is just set dressing….

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Go Andy Go!!!...But you need to wake up the one in the front. He's gonna be hard to paint laying down Sir!!!...

Prost
Allen

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks very much for the comments chaps.

It's been a busy couple of days trying to get a race car repaired after a crash during testing on Thursday but I should be back to these over the weekend.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Not him, there’s a Scot’s actor that he reminds me of, but I can’t remember his name…..or anything he’s been in…..
.... The guy from "Highlander" with the gingerish Tash/beard/hair.....
.... James Cosmo,playing Angus Macleod?!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Fingers crossed Jim.

Mick - I got them through Amazon but they're from The Grinning Gargoyle. They do a couple of other sets that I might have a go at if these go well.

Just had a look at the Grinning Gargoyle website 'cos these are well impressive. Have I looked in the right place as there are no figures advertised?

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just had a look at the Grinning Gargoyle website 'cos these are well impressive. Have I looked in the right place as there are no figures advertised?

Or go on the home page and search "adventurers" They do fighter, cleric & thief sets too :thumb2: