Dave Ward's Tamiya 1/700 CV-5 USS Yorktown

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The hull's just about complete, the guns & a few other fittings to add
DSCF4366.JPG
Added the Vallejo Acrylic Foam - hmm - just like thick white paint - I'll have to go over it again when the hull is securely fastened to the base - the white is a bit too bright at the moment.
At present I'm expecting to have 40 planes on deck, although some may be damaged in action & have to be jettisoned. The Wildcats will be at the front, as they need less deck to take off ( no catapults here ). The Dauntlesses next & at the stern, the Devastators, with their heavy torpedo load. One of these will be on the lift - I'll have to fold its' wings for this. The Wildcats & Dauntlesses are small enough to fit on the lift - the Dauntless never had folding wings & only the later Wildcats had them
Dave

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
No progress with this, I'm afraid - I've been under the weather, and have little inclination to do anything - even the 3D printers have been quiet:sad:
Dave
Just seen this,
Sorry to hear that you're unwell Dave, just like the others,I hope you're back on your feet soon :smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A very interesting build Dave. I hope you get better soon, I'd like to see an update on this fine vessel.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Dave. Sorry to read you're under the weather.

I hope you are soon feeling better.