Dave W's E.E Lightning - Completed.

First Name
Dave
Anyone who has followed this build will know it's been an 'Emotional Rollercoaster',a 'Journey','What doesn't kill you makes you stronger' and half a hundred other modern crap sayings.All problems have been of my own making of course.The kit itself is superb and didn't give me any problems.I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a Lightning.The'Quickboost' resin seat is excellent and fitted with no problems.Cant say the same of the 'Airwaves' PE undercarriage bay set.Very nicely made but didn't fit very well.So not recommended.If I build another I will get resin u/c bays for it.The problems started with my Alclad 'Journey' .God I hate these modern phrases!.By the end of the build I'd worked out how to apply Alclad.I even felt confident enough to spray the nose ring in a different shade.The model itself is finished as an F6 of 23 squadron RAF Leuchars,August 1975,flown by the CO,Wg Cdr I.Thompson.The paint finish isn't perfect.But considering the problems I'm happy with it.

P

Polux

For me is a beauty Dave!!

I really like this silver colour ;)

Tidy and clean; magnificent work

Cheers

Last edited:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A cracking looking Lightning Dave

I applaud your perseverance with this one well worth the great build doodab

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Top work Dave, you got through the hassles with the paint and the result is fantastic. Glad you got that nose decal sorted too.

First Name
Mike
Excellent. Really looks like a heavy, metal aircraft (I like that scheme too with the white tail/spine)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Dave, You persevered to the bitter end and it paid off big time. If it was me it would be sitting in a box in the cupboard of shame.

Great build gong has been earned for this one.

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
The lightning is one of my favourite aircraft Dave and you've done a fantastic job on that top build mate :smiling3:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Dave

I'm sorry I missed this build so I don't know the troubles you went through to get to this beautiful model. Take it from me, any problems in the build are not evident in the final model!

Great stuff, have another medal!

Paul

I'll go off and browse the build log now!

C

Caledonia

That's one great Lightning Dave, think you should get a Purple Heart or something for your perseverance and determination. Cheers Derek

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice one Dave. You've got one of those models keeps me looking, again and again.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
It was an epic fight Dave but you beat it in the end! Top job , cheers tony