Dave w's Matchbox 1/32 Spitfire mk24

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks sharp Dave, nice paint job. I quite like the look of these post war Spitfire schemes.

First Name
Dave
Ive just spent a couple of hours assembling an HGW fabric harness set. Very fiddly,but I reckon the finished item is worth the effort. They thoughtfully provide extra buckles.Just as well as I lost a few!.Just need to attach them to the seat,fit the seat into the cockpit and the models finished.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks great Dave , i always fancied doing a silver one of these, it really suits the spit. If i recall correctly the original matchbox issue had the green and white Egyptian roundels silver scheme , thats the one i wanted to do. top work mate , cheers tony

First Name
Dave
Looks great Dave , i always fancied doing a silver one of these, it really suits the spit. If i recall correctly the original matchbox issue had the green and white Egyptian roundels silver scheme , thats the one i wanted to do. top work mate , cheers tony

Thanks Tony,

This kit included Egyptian decals,but I fancied doing this one. It's actually a mk22 of 603sqdn, 1950. But I believe the only difference between the mk22 and mk24 was the mk24 had an extra fuel tank behind the pilot.

First Name
Gwyn
This is coming along well, I used to love the old matchbox kits but like many other people have said the big ones were outside my budget range.