Delete

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Lee, I never built any Lindberg Line kits as a youngster. Wasn't impressed with the box art or the quality. Always leaned towards Aurora and Revell when it came to airplanes. I'll follow along out of curiosity to see if I missed an opportunity. Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. Thanks for stopping by yes you are right about the box art I’ve passed over lots of kits due to the poor pics on the box art then paid more for a original box art I think it’s kinda silly but I’m like you the box art has to be appealing to get the mojo flowing for the build I think.

Beowulf. Thanks for stopping by yes I think I’m going to need some on this build

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That kit seems to date back to 1958, but your particular issue isn’t in the timeline at Scalemates. Somewhere between 1969 and 1986, I would guess?

If the fit is okay, this shouldn’t be too long a build, going by the number of parts. But I suspect fit will be an issue with a kit that old :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
S.E.5A. My favourite WW1 aircraft.

My late dad made a balsa Keil Kraft version. It still hangs in my den.

Lee, you have to at least have a stab at the rigging. It's a pain I know, but well worth the effort. A Bi-Plane without doesn't quite fit the bill.

There again, at the end of the day, sanity must prevail..... ;)

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Jakko. This kiT came in at value pack from Lindburg I will enclose a pic came out a couple years ago and yes it back dates to 1958 I don’t think any mold changes were done I’m going to take a slow and possibly add some aftermarket stuff to it also Thanks for stopping by

Ron. I’ve heard of that balsa kit you mentioned your father having yes you are right bi planes just don’t have that appeal unless they’re rigged but it’s hard for me to rig the 1/72 scale I’ve been mapping out a game plan on this scale on Rigging and I think it will be easier on me let’s hope I can keep my sanity when this happens. Thanks for stopping by
546D75E7-6634-4D57-819F-243A2019B3B0.jpeg

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Painted the “linens” tonight. I went ahead and just painted the whole model in “linen” color for a good base primer

4E6F44C8-0966-4B5B-B1AE-72C2EF11656B.jpeg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Re. the rigging. Whether it's all or part done, or not at all, sanity is indeed the main consideration.

The main object is to have fun building your aircraft.

Ron

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Re. the rigging. Whether it's all or part done, or not at all, sanity is indeed the main consideration.

The main object is to have fun building your aircraft.

Ron

Excuse me Lee.

457 what do you know about being sane !
Matron will be cross when she finds out you have been on here again.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Lee.
I'm another that loves this plane, so will grab at seat and enjoy. Looking fwd to watching how you tackle this. :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Lee
I agree there is a certain sadistic pleasure in making a decent model from an old, rather unpromising kit. It will be interesting to see what you make of it. Looks as if you're off to a good start. As for the rigging - I did an Airco DH-2 and although it took me hours and drove me demented it was worth it.
Jim

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. I hope I can beat this into submission

John. Thanks for stopping by and be careful with the patient let him think he’s sane for now but I’m concerned about you forgetting patient’s numbers

Jim. Thanks for stopping. I really enjoy building these old kits and adding the aftermarket stuff to them to give them some glory. They remind me of a blank canvas you can make it anything with some care and time

Ron. You should know who’s the sane one in your conversation with John

I’ve got a feeling I will be calling on nurse Ratchet before this build is finish

Patient #309