Dragon 1/16 Schutz ( kampfgruppe Hansen 1944 ) on base and slight improvements

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Well it looks like all that practice I put in on those 40mm figures payed off I'm quite pleased with this one

I bought this at last years Telford show and I've been itching to do it since then but I knew my skill level wasn't there so I did quite a bit of practice on 1/35 1/48 and 40mm figures so if I could do it on smaller scales bigger wouldn't be a problem

Here's the pics and comments welcome image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Done the base image.jpeg

and added decals to belt buckle and collar and put a bit of red on his nose image.jpeg

and sorted out the but stock ( thanks joe) image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4539

Hi Alan.

You have done a good job on this,it's never easy to go from a small scale to a larger scale.

I like the 5'oclock shadow and his pistol holster.

A

american

I am impressed!!!! Are you going to build a base for it? Please tell us how is going too look like?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I appreciate it

I have started a base its just snow with tufts of grass I'll post a pic tomorrow when it's dry

First Name
Robert
This is so well done 120% I'm so envious Alan but as you have so rightly put the practice has paid off.

There is so much detail on this I don't know what to say but it's just fantastic to view and I'll be viewing this again.

Awesome

Robert :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great work Alan. Nicely painted and filtered etc. My only comment for a critical eye would be the machine gun stock looks too clean and more plastic than wood. Great build though :smiling3:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Excellent, well done mate

Lee :smiling3:

D

dubster72

That's really well painted, the folds of fabric look very good & you've captured his face very nicely Alan.

I agree with Joe about the MG 42 stock though - it slightly detracts from an otherwise top-notch figure :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
that's a superb job on this guy Alan,well done and nice color work as well,like his camo,great all around well done,

big thumps up from me, :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers moni I appreciate it, I think I'm getting to where I want to be with large scale figures, it's only taken me 18 months!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I wouldn't go that far Rob but give me another 18 months ;)

Thanks for the compliment I appreciate it

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Looks as cold as me at the moment cracking job on all counts love the touch off the red nose

First Name
Dave
Shame we don't get much snow down here in sunny Devon Alan as this fellow would look right at home in the snowy elements, saying that, he looks like he's just come in from the cold!

Ultra realistic, really very very good. :D :smiling3:

First Name
Dave
Perhaps we could call him Rudolph what with the red nose etc.......and with the snow, it's just sooooooooooo festive................it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas everywhere I go.............

I'll get my coat, time for some Comic relief! :smiling3: :confused:

Lennnnnnnny. .............wait for meeeeeeeeee. ..............I'm coming with yoooooooooooou! :smiling3: