Dragon 1/48 Fokker DVII

T

T. van Vuuren

This little kit from Dargon is actually quite nicely detailed with things like P foot straps, throttle and harnass. The pink inside the fuse is to simulate the red dope of Udet's "LO!" 

I think putting on the top wing with the PE interplane struts is going to be rather chalanging....stay tuned.

Theuns

DSC00622.JPG

DSC00623.JPG

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It looks like a nicely detailed kit from what you can see in the pit Theuns, a great start, and I think the pink colour suits you sir.  :smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Hey, pink is cool. It actually matches my cave's carpet quite well.................................then again, the word 'dope' yes that could be, right I'm off now.

T

T. van Vuuren

As long as it is not smoked you are OK. I have ben transporting dope to and from the airport where I work for the time when I work from home.

I am waiting for the day I get pulled over in a police roadblock and the cop asks me what it in the drum.....Dope might  be the wrong reply!

As for the DVII, I have the fuse colsed up and the bottom of the fuse needed allot of filler and sanding because it is flat and therefore "hollow" in the middle. The top wing has been painted white all over, now I need to get some 5mm maskingtape to mask off for the red candycane stripes.

Theuns

B

Builder

Man that looks like a small kit, and youve done well with it too. 

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
WOW!!:eek:

Are those decals or painted camo jobs? Any which way, brilliant!:cool::cool::cool:

T

T. van Vuuren

The lozenge are all large decals, the stripes on the top of the turtledeck are decals and the rest are painted on.

Theuns

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice. Colourful indeed. Clearly Udet was a confident pilot.

T

T. van Vuuren

IIRC they though that the bright colours would "scare" the enimy....urban legend or not - I dont know

Theuns

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Theuns. A very flamboyant scheme, that's for sure