Dragon Bf 110D-3

• Thread starter Airfix Modeller Freak
  • Start date
A

Airfix Modeller Freak

by the way... I do not use airbrushes to any extent so please dont be too harsh on my paint job..

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
John we don't bash people for their paint jobs on here. Everyone has different skill sets and like yourself, different techniques. We are all here for the enjoyment of the hobby.

That being said I think there is nothing wrong with your painting. I am not very good with a hairy stick at all lol. Looking forward to seeing the rest of this kit being built.

Quick thing though. I thought the engine levers are black with only the top of them being painted red/yellow? I might be wrong though. Maybe someone with more knowledge (Stona) could give you better advice

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I agree with Allyne regarding the levers.

However - you have made a great start there John, very nicely coming together. You can get an excellent finish with a hairy stick and it looks as if you have the knack. I hope you enjoy the build as much as I am enjoying mine - up to camo painting stage for me though I will not now be able to move forward with it until 2nd January. You may even catch up with me!!! I look forward to seeing your progress. I will be able to log in over the holiday via my Blackberry and if you have any issues/queries then please ask and hopefully I will be able to pick them up and respond.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I reckon that you've got a very steady hand, a good eye and a fine brush John. Nicely done.

If you are bothered the two levers at the front usually had yellow tops and those at the back (molded as one on the kit) red, but it looks good.

Cheers

Steve

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
John, that is looking a mighty fine cockpit, the brush work is great. I too use a combination of brush and AB, my AB skills are not that great-doesn't help that I have a dodgy AB too so having the back up of...being a hairy-stick user is fine with me lol.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Gregg
One of my favourite WWII aircraft, looking good so far, and looking forward to the rest of it!

Nothing wrong with the bristly thingy, that is all I use and seem to get by!

Gregg

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

thanks everyone-You are right about the red levers- they are meant to be black on top. I will post photos of the complete cockpit soon

Last edited:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Good stuff!

This is the G something or the other at Hendon.

Cheers

Steve

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

yay! another update- the nose machine gun assembly was blasted annoying! the instructions were not clear and I glued the wrong part......... oh well- I managed to fix it up and make it look decent by the end. The nose machine guns were fairly hard to align with the holes and that made it even worse. The gas tanks under the machine guns were meant to be painted blue but it is one of the worst colors for density- along with yellow and white.

View attachment 75398

View attachment 75399

View attachment 75400

DSC02156.JPG

DSC02157.JPG

DSC02152.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Some good work there John, that is one busy cockpit, great job at painting that lot. Looking good so far.

Si:smiling3:

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
Some good work there John, that is one busy cockpit, great job at painting that lot. Looking good so far.Si:smiling3:
lol personally I hate the paint job at the gas tanks that were meant to be painted blue. My new hated colour for models is now blue because it`s density is so bad. It does not make a big difference anyway, because the actual machine gun assembly is not seen except for the muzzles of the guns. thanks anyway for the feedback

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
John that is some fantastic work with the hairy stick, I love to see a detailed cockpit painted with a brush and that is some fine work :smiling3:

What scale is the kit?

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
John that is some fantastic work with the hairy stick, I love to see a detailed cockpit painted with a brush and that is some fine work :smiling3: What scale is the kit?
Hi Alan good to see you like my paint job. sorry about not posting the scale- it is a 1:32 Dragon Bf 110D-3. That is why it is possible to paint in so much detail.

John