Dragon

P

Paul P

Hi all, heres a few pics of a dragon that im sculpting for my wife, or she who must be obeyed, to use her formal title :neutral:. Its done with Das clay which is air hardening, its quite a big sculpt and i only have time to do a small bit at a time as im busy with other commisions but its gradually getting there

So thats about where i am at the moment, as you can see a huge amount to do and then its got to be painted but i dont thonk this will be finished this year. ill post some more as and when, thanks for looking in

Paul

Last edited:

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Wow, He's a beaut Paul, I think SWMBO will be very happy.

Tony.

ps love your minions avatar, wish I'd thought of that!

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Paul P

\ said:
Wow, He's a beaut Paul, I think SWMBO will be very happy.Tony.

ps love your minions avatar, wish I'd thought of that!
Cheers Tony Minions are ace, probably the best thing about the dispicable me films :grinball1:

Paul

O

omi1966

respect you have some serious talent.

martin

Last edited:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very nice work, there is making models and then there is sculpting...a different story all together and a true talent indeed.

Si:smiling3:

C

CDW

You make it look so easy in the photos mate.

I've had a bash at a dragon myself for a dungeons and dragons adventure .... It ended up as a zombie dragon coz it was errrrrr not how I imagined it to end up like in my mind.

Respect for your talent Paul ... I'm a tad in awe :smiling3: :smiling3:

P

Paul P

\ said:
You make it look so easy in the photos mate.I've had a bash at a dragon myself for a dungeons and dragons adventure .... It ended up as a zombie dragon coz it was errrrrr not how I imagined it to end up like in my mind.

Respect for your talent Paul ... I'm a tad in awe :smiling3: :smiling3:
Many thanks matey, as i said before ir doesnt always end up how i had it in me head, but then not a lot does :neutral: but i have a few books with some great pictures of dragons that give me ideas, and also if its not right it goes into the unwanted dragon bucket and i start again.

Paul

P

Paul P

Cheers Joe

Just a few more pics of the wings, they were attached with a wire and then the musculature was added. This will be able to be removed for painting and then will require a little work when its reattached

great view of my untidy desk :shocking:

Paul

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Any thing new on this one?

Ian M

0ne48thtel

The detailing on the head is stunning can't wait to see it all painted

P

Paul P

Cheers guys, nothing new on this at the moment, im concentrating on Boudicca for now and trying to get a couple of bits ready for Telford in Nov. I will get this done soon as possible as its for my wife and shes complaining :sad:

Paul

First Name
Andy
Hi Paul,

As someone who lives in a part of Britain that has a Dragon on their flag, I think this is, as with all your other work, stunning Sir...

I also agree with everyone else, you have some serious skills, thank you for sharing them with us...

Andy...

P

Paul P

cheers Andy. your too kind. did i read somewhere you were in the forces ?

Paul