Easing my way back in - Tamiya - Ferrari F189 & Lotus type 79

R

Richy C

Been out the game for many months but it feels like years , easing my way back in with a couple of 1/20 race cars , racing is my 1st passion and how I got into modelling many many moons ago , hence why I`ve started back on these - Ferrari F189 has been ab with zero rosso red then a couple of zero clear coats then decaled , bodywork still needs a couple more coats of clear and a polish , the lotus was going well but was not happy with the body work finnish I used zero gloss black then zero clear coat , its been sanded down and will now go over it with zero JPS black which drys flat then try a tamiya ts clear gloss , gloss black is a nightmare to get looking nice I must say, chassis has had alu alclad but will be given a light wash of dark mig wash to pick out the rivits etc , rims and tyres are done barring a little wash and sand, all the chrome bits were stripped then done with alclad and tamiya paints finnished off with a white over a tyre stencil , the Ferrari and Lotus are only dry fitted for the photos still a lot of work to do on both, only additions are marlb*r* decals on the F189 and for the 79 will be part PE where needed , proper harnesses and JPS decals , will post more photos as I progress ,

its great to be back lads

Richy

View attachment 27254View attachment 27256View attachment 27255View attachment 27257

View attachment 33104

View attachment 33105

View attachment 33106

View attachment 33107

IMG_5135.jpg

IMG_5138.jpg

IMG_5134.jpg

IMG_5137.jpg

B

Boldman

I love the gloss finish the car models get, looks superb. I must admit to being tempted by a Tyrell 6 wheeler, but my stash it large enough already so maybe another time...

R

Richy C

Cheers guys , must say Trey its great being back on the bench , Boldman I`ve got the tamiya tyrrell in the stash already primed up , its quite a small delicate kit especially the front end ie- wishbones uprights etc but should make a nice build

done a little bit on the Ferrari tonight but nothing worth showing , up at 6am tomorrow to watch the F1 qualifying after that will crack on with the ferrari and lotus

Richy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great to see you back richy, and a couple of top choices for your comeback builds! cheers mate tony