Easy way to remove acrylics

R

rjwood_uk

just found a great tip.

to remove acrylics...weather they have just been painted or sitting on a shelf for 5 years.

windex/windoline/mr.muscle window and glass. basically anything amonia based i guess. tip the part in and leave it for 5-10 mins, give it a swirl around. if its really stubbon just give it a quick wipe over with a cotton budd after. to do a whole model just spray the window cleaner straight onto the model and use kitchen towel, cotton budds or something similar.

this really does work i just tried it on two old canopies and also bathed my airbrush in it for about an hour and it came out beautiful!!

try it guys!

P

Phil_Flory

I always blow out my airbrush at the end of the day with windowlene and a wipe over too.

Works great on acrylics.

R

radish1us

To make it work even better, place whatever you need stripped into a zip bag, the ones where you can reseal them. Then spray the oven cleaner into the bag and then press seal the bag. What this does is keeps the ammonia fumes inside the bag and the acrylic paint removal process is even quicker. Use an old toothbrush to remove any stubborn bits, but do this whilst holding the part under running water, as the oven cleaner is still active and will hurt your eyes, if you get any cleaner in them.

regards radish

Last edited:
D

double00

Painting miniature figures with acrylic paints - to prevent acrylic paint from peeling off painted figures - a coat of acrylic clear varnish is a good sealer and make the coloured figures stand out better.

Removal of both acrylic paint and varnish from figures! - use undiluted liquid ammonia with use of cotton bud or soak figure in a shallow container and later rinse figure under a running water tap. Best to carry out this procedure in a well ventilated room when using ammonia.