Eduard 1:48 Airco DH 2

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It's finished. I now have what is probably the most delicate model I will ever get my hands on. The rigging, did, surprisingly add a bit of strength to the model, but not much.

I've used Eazy line for the control wires just to differentiate them from the rigging.

The build as a whole was great. Eduard know who to make their kits.

So, what is 5998. From Eduard, 5998, No 24 squadron, RFC, France 1916, was flown by twelve-kill ace Capt. John O. Andrews.

Capt Andrews survived the first world war, spent all his remaining life in and around aircraft only passing away on the 29th May 1989

His most significant victory was over German ace Stefan Kirmaier (an 11 victory ace) but frequently came up against the likes of Max Immelmann and Manfred von Richthofen.

So, some pictures of the Airco DH2,

View attachment 72193

View attachment 72194

View attachment 72195

View attachment 72196

View attachment 72197

View attachment 72198

View attachment 72199

View attachment 72200

View attachment 72201

Well, time for a little rest, but then again.............................I have got a bit of fishing line left.........

Colin M..

Cockpit.JPG

Engine.JPG

Front left.JPG

Front right.JPG

Front upper.JPG

Lower.JPG

Rear right.JPG

STBD.JPG

Upper.JPG

First Name
Dave
Incredible build colin.Fantastic model .The rigging is superb.Not a drop of superglue in sight,unlike my Gladiator!.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
That is fan bloody tastic Colin mate !! Hats off to you , if youre going to do a stringy thing then why not go the whole hog and do one of these , it looks amazing . The build is excellent - the paintwork , shading , weathering all spot on . How the pilot got in and out without getting tangled is beyond me though!!!! Truly a Great build , cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Wow! That is some knitting there! lol.

Serious for a moment. That is a very good build and one that deserves a place of honer in the cabinet. I was one of these on the table at the Danish nationals yesterday and your one is every bit as good, if not better!

Great build.

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Wow , fantastic and brilliant , love rigging must have taken you ages , it a great build from me

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Colin, this is magnificent mate, it was an absolute pleasure to watch the build too. Great build, no doubt about it. Off fishing now?

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks all for taking a look Gentlemen.

Dave, there may not be any drops of super glue in sight, but believe me, more than a few 'naughty' words slipped out, followed by sanding sticks and paint.

I was wondering as well, as you point out Tony, how did the pilot get in and out, but what about in a crash. All those tensioned wires in front of you - not a nice place to be. There's even a couple of bracing wires placed so that in the event of a failure, it whips around and could take your head off - that would really anoy me.

Ian, thanks for that. Eduard are really good kits, anyone who fancies a bit of WW1 fun, should consider Eduard.

Yes Joe, fishing, or maybe a Roden SE5a........................

Colin M..

P

Polux

Sorry Colin...I missed this thread :sad:

It's imposible not to feel overcome with this beauty!

It's a magnificent build!

Regards

Polux

B

Bari

An inspirational build and one I shall follow when I summon up the courage to take the Revell 1/72 DH2 off the shelf.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I know it's a much over-used word but that's awesome!

Gern

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very, very nice work Colin! Faultless, superb build on every front. Well done mate that is one fabulous model

All the best

Paul

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks again Gentleman for the positive comments. I think my next build might just have an aerial wire thing, nothing else even looking like a bit of rigging. Well, I say that, but....................................

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Wow you've done it again amazing build that rigging is sending my eyes funny so god knows how you did it.and the weathering is top notch.one superb build again from you buddy

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Outstanding workmanship, I love all of it but the propeller just looks sooooooooooooooooooooo amazing.

Si:smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Si, you wouldn't believe how simple the propeller was. Have a search for the build thread I describe it in there.

T

tommy1drop

Great work Colin, I cant stop looking at the detail in the kit, excellent!

Tom

M

mobear

5 huge stars from me colin,really nice aircraft and you have made a lovely job on it

mobear

ps u goin fishin with left over line? lol