Eduard 1/48 bf 109 E-4 Weekend Edition

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Oh this is looking so sweet :smiling3: , there is nothing I like more than seeing a well built 109E the best looking of the 109 variants :smiling3:

Why are these called weekend editions ?

I have the 110 nigtjagar and it's got the same on that as well !

First Name
Mike
\ said:
Oh this is looking so sweet :smiling3: , there is nothing I like more than seeing a well built 109E the best looking of the 109 variants :smiling3: Why are these called weekend editions ?

I have the 110 nigtjagar and it's got the same on that as well !
I think Eduard optimistically think they can be finished in a weekend, though obviously it depends on how quickly you build... They're the same as other Eduard kits but usually without the 'extras' - no photo-etch, paint masks, resin, and just one decal option. Great value for money IMO.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I think Eduard optimistically think they can be finished in a weekend, though obviously it depends on how quickly you build... They're the same as other Eduard kits but usually without the 'extras' - no photo-etch, paint masks, resin, and just one decal option. Great value for money IMO.
You might be able to do the 109 in a weekend , I built the airfix 148 in a day complete but I doubt I could do my 110 in a weekend and that would include 10 hours work on sat & sun lol

Thanks for the explanation mike appreciate it :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
You might be able to do the 109 in a weekend
Why would anyone want to? I like to take my time. It takes me longer than a weekend to get the paints on after the model is built! I also discovered the hard way that nothing is a better invitation to Captain Cock Up than rushing a model :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Why would anyone want to? I like to take my time. It takes me longer than a weekend to get the paints on after the model is built! I also discovered the hard way that nothing is a better invitation to Captain Cock Up than rushing a model :smiling3: Cheers

Steve
I'm not saying you have to Steve lol just you could :D

D

dubster72

It takes me a weekend to open the box & read the instructions! :P

If I can't get this picture upload problem sorted, then this thread will end up an epic fail! :sad:

D

dubster72

Thank you Steve & Francesco! :smiling3:

A small update. I managed to do the splinter camo without any bleeding (luck triumphs over skill again!) & add the Clear and decals.

If anyone builds an Eduard kit for the 1st time, be careful with the decals. They're beautifully thin, but very easy to mess up! Ask me how I know! ;)

View attachment 89876

View attachment 89877

View attachment 89878

Next up is to finish the nose.

Cheers

Patrick

Ps go easy on me - first Luftwaffe aircraft, first attempt at a mottle ;)

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0004-1.jpg

IMG_0006.JPG

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Thank you Steve & Francesco! :smiling3: A small update. I managed to do the splinter camo without any bleeding (luck triumphs over skill again!) & add the Clear and decals.

If anyone builds an Eduard kit for the 1st time, be careful with the decals. They're beautifully thin, but very easy to mess up! Ask me how I know! ;)

View attachment 90628

View attachment 90629

View attachment 90630

Next up is to finish the nose.

Cheers

Patrick

Ps go easy on me - first Luftwaffe aircraft, first attempt at a mottle ;)
Looking great mate I see something special coming :smiling3:

Thanks for the tip on decals I have a 1/48 Bf 110 in the stash so I think I'll get some aftermarket decals , I'm too heavy handed to deal with thin decals :D

D

dubster72

Thanks Alan! Give the Eduard one's a try before shelling out. The key is moving the decal from the backing paper to the kit in one fell swoop. I found it best to secure the model so I had both hands free. But they go down lovely, no silvering or Microsol needed. :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Thanks Alan! Give the Eduard one's a try before shelling out. The key is moving the decal from the backing paper to the kit in one fell swoop. I found it best to secure the model so I had both hands free. But they go down lovely, no silvering or Microsol needed. :smiling3:
I'll cut one off and test it first if that fails I'm buying new ones :D

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very good indeed. No worries on the mottle that looks great as well.

One thing that gets me with Eduard are the curious names they give the kits. "weekend" "Royal" etc. Oh well they have to call them something I guess.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I've just noticed this is Adolf gallands fighter , I've just checked mine but mines the E1

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
I've just noticed this is Adolf gallands fighter , I've just checked mine but mines the E1
I've got an E-1 to build after my early Spitfire. They should make a handsome couple.

The E-1 was externally similar to the later versions, the most obvious difference being that it had machine guns rather than cannons in the wing. There were differences in the canopy and armour which are visible too. Most E-1s were upgraded to E-3, E-4 or even E-7 standard.

Cheers

Steve