Eduard Bf110G-4 1/48scale

K

Kressy13

Great work on this one so far mate. The camo looks so realistic. Great job.

Cheers

Kresten

T

treyzx10r

thanks Allyne and Steve really appreciate the input!!Thanks Basher and Kressy.

I took the advice given and mixed up some light dirt and black Promodeller wash with some ground burnt umber pastel for the first wash and hit the control surfaces and engine nacelle areas.

next after the wash dried I hit the cannon and exhaust stains with some thinned flat black followed by an overall coat of dullcoat.

I then ground up several earth tone pastels and dry brushed different pigments in high wear and prop blown dirt accumulation areas

B

Bunkerbarge

I would go with a wash Trey. The preshading should give just that, a shading to the area of the joint but the wash is a very clearly defined line to show up the panel joint afterwards. The two techniques should complement each other. If you are unsure start with a lighter colour and very low opacity in a small area to see what you feel before committing to the whole model.

T

treyzx10r

\ said:
I would go with a wash Trey. The preshading should give just that, a shading to the area of the joint but the wash is a very clearly defined line to show up the panel joint afterwards. The two techniques should complement each other. If you are unsure start with a lighter colour and very low opacity in a small area to see what you feel before committing to the whole model.
thanks Richard, I posted the pics about the time you posted up,did I pull it off?

S

Sky Raider

Beutiful job Trey, outstanding as usual, well done.

Andy

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That looks terrific! Nice job on the weathering,the exhaust stain looks good,those engines certainly made a mess when run at combat settings.

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

thanks Steve I thought I might have gone too heavy on the exhaust ,thanks Adrian

I had some misgivings about the diopole support ,the kit just has them flush glued to the nose. I know from past builds this would'nt be strong enough with all the tweaking required to get the antenae to line up. I know it might take away a bit from the appearance but this is my fix.

some stretched sprue was glued to the supports and then sanded as much as possible to blend it.

then painted,while the paint dried I marked off and drilled the mounting holes

hopefully this will do the trick ,just have them dry fitted for now

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Stunning Trey. Loving this build

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A very nice build, I'm well impressed. So, what is it with these Germans, they managed to come up with some interesting camo' patterns. This one looks very nice. (Nice - on a warplane, well you know what I mean)

Regards

Colin M...

B

Bunkerbarge

\ said:
thanks Richard, I posted the pics about the time you posted up,did I pull it off?
Apologies for the delay Trey, just been away for a couple of days. I think you've just about nailed it there as the panel lines are enhanced but don't jump out at you and look unrealistic. I think they are spot on.

T

treyzx10r

Adrian thanks! Colin I know what you mean they really did the homework on the cammo thanks. Hey Richard really appreciate the vote of confidence, still working on honing my aircraft skills its quite a leap from the scooters

I tackled the dreaded whiskers tonight, I think the added posts mentioned earlier really paid off

B

Bunkerbarge

Lovely job Trey. Now just make sure that you don't catch those antennas with your sleeves as you reach over to pck up that pot of matt black!!

T

treyzx10r

thanks Adrian and Richard, too late for the warning Richard already had to fix one due to bumping it ,gotta be more careful around this thing now.

S

sprayman

Dead on build Trey, you got it in one, love the 110 and you painted this baby perfect, excellent job.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That looks great. I feel your pain with those antennae,I've got some to do on my current build. All you can do is fit them at the last practicle moment and then be very careful!

As for the exhaust,I posted some piccies in another 110 thread (may be Ray's (Sprayman)) that showed just how mucky the engines could run when they were pushed.

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

thanks Ray that means a lot after seeing you're 110!

Steve thanks I really appreciate the compliments and your insightful comments at the beginning of the thread

heres the finished pics all comments and critiques most welcome

some in 'flight'

cheers Trey