Eduard - MiG-21R - 1/48

Hi guys.

On one of the recent shows I've found this beast in a good price so I couldn't resist:smiling3:

Decided to paint it in Polish Air Force colours.

I've just started. This kit is simply amazing. So much details, so many little parts just barely believe that it's 1/48 scale.

Wheel bays, front and wings:

Exhaust

Cockpit floor with pedals and buckles:

And the seat so far:

I didn't know if I want to go the hard way or easy way as the kit includes a nice prepainted PE set. As I need to finish it in less than three weeks, I'll go the easy way if it comes to the cockpit and seat. I know it's the noob way, but well. It's in the kit and if it make this jet look even more awesome I don't care:smiling3:

just have a look on the PE:

I'm about to have a pint and prime what I did so far, so I can preshade it and paint it tomorrow, as i'm off. This is how I look right now:

See you tomorrow at some point:smiling3:

P

Polux

I started a special edition of the Spitfire from Eduard, and I never finished it...., but I was really pleasure with his quality :rolleyes:

Looking very good!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
NICE! looking forward to seeing this one Bart its a lovely bit of kit. I just recently bought the Eduard Weekend edition of the MF version with slovakian decals ,i was amazed at how many tiny parts there are!!! cheers tony

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I've been looking at this kit since I saw a couple of Mig 21's in Latvia recently and got the urge to build one. I fancy the Cuban Air Force version though.

D

dubster72

That's really nice Bart, I have one of these on my wishlist. You've made a good start, looking forward to seeing it progress.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great start Bart, all that detail is looking good.

Thanks for good words.

Ziper_it: yeah, amazing kit indeed.

Ok, It wasn't the easiest day for modeling. Too hot! But managed to make some progress:

Control panels in the cockpit:

Cockpit floor:

And wheel bays ready:

Tomorrow I should manage to put cockpit together and finish the seat.

See you later!

Quick update.

Finished office basically.

Seat:

Cockpit:

This colour is very hard to photograph. Every picture you take has different colours.. Real colour is like on the bottom two pics.

After the weekend, I'll start the wing section. Must say that this kit is ultra enjoyable, but it's too hot:/

See you soon!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great looking cockpit. Never understood that blue colour the Russians use but it looks just like the real thing.

First Name
Dave
Great detail painting.This is one of many kits I fancy.

Hi guys.

It's been a while since last update. I was working on it but what I did wasn't really worth showing. I mean, I have no problems whatsoever with the kit, have assembled pretty much whole model and started to paint all small parts, wheels etc.

Ok, taaadaaam:

Wheels:

Wheels bays flaps:

Nose painted:

and exhaust:

Wheels bays finished:

And how it looks like at the moment - A big russian pencil! :smiling3:

I'll mask all painted stuff tomorrow, and hopefully primer it. Now it'll take few days, as each coat of Alclad needs to dry at least 12h..

Quick question. If I want to put Alclads Aluminium on, is it worth to put a glossy finish on before? I've read somewhere that gloss helps with alclad no matter if it's a standard finish or high shine. Haven't really got time to try it before..

Thanks for popping in!

Bart.

Z

Ziper_it

Very nice pencil, ehm, job Bart.

Will you matt the tires more?

Francesco

Z

Ziper_it

So will you brush it? Which varnish?

This is still a weak point for me. :sad:

Francesco