F-104G Retro camo for Last flight (Hasegawa, 1/48)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats a total bummer! Is it just the top paint or is it pulling the primer as well?

I don't know Testors products so I can't comment on those. I normally use either Vallejo's or Alclad primers.

If the only thing that is different is the primer I would go back to what you used before.

So its rewind time and find out what you have changed, and when it started to happen.

Crying for you Roman. On the bright side you will recover from this and no one will ever know.....

Ian M

V

Vajled

thx Ian... I'm doing all the same... same primer, same revell thinner, same valejjo colors... really dont know...

but one coleague from Flory forum told me that he have same problem and he figure out it's testors primer... stop using it - stop stripping the color :smiling3:

Mine testors primer is already in garbage :smiling3:

It's time to buy a alclad primer, have heard it's fantastic :smiling3:

Ok, motling is up... little corrections... and of course on radome color is stripped... I'm scared to do again with white color on tail and yellow underside... will do again 1000 times of corrections

Cheers

Roman

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well apart from the newest pulls that is looking very good.

ian M

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Looking good Roman despite all the problems you had with the masking. Have you managed to work out why the paint is pulling off withe tape?

Vaughan

C

CDW

looks good after all the little problems you had Roman.

waiting now for the next batch of photo's :smiling3:

M

mobear

Roman once agin you pull the rabbit out the hat magnificent

mobear

V

Vajled

\ said:
Looking good Roman despite all the problems you had with the masking. Have you managed to work out why the paint is pulling off withe tape?Vaughan
thx guys :smiling3:

Vaughan... still dont know why... but suspect No.1 is Testors primer...

Must do new model with Valejjo coloros, because all last models was painted with it and then it's happen... and then use another primer ... then I will know :smiling3:

Last one if I remember right was An-2 where I was using all Testors (Model Master) colors and same testors primer and also had a same problem... then must be primer...

Roman

A

andyrobs

Hi Roman, its really looking magnificent mate, and that paint scheme looks completely at home on the starfighter!!!!

Cheers, Andrew

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
What a great idea Roman, and the paint work is up to your usual standard.

Looking great so far.

Tony.

V

Vajled

I recieved decal papers from e-bay :smiling3:

But still learning, stuggeling... something is wrong... I have done it all like it's says on instruction sheet... but somehwere I miss something...

1 step - print

2. step - dry for 1 hrs

3. step - 3 coat of acrylic gloss and leave 1 hrs to dry

4. step - same as other decals... water, decal seter, etc...

but happening this:

decals was dryed for 14 hrs... and when I trying to apply them the color is like a gel... stay on my fingers :sad:

I'm waiting my coleague who make decals like this to give me some tip... hint... maybe someone of you know how to do it?

where i do mistakes?

all tips and comments are really welcomed

prined decals

my vision for these F-104

Cheers,

Roman

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That decal looks just nasty! You say you bought them off e-bay, was it a brand name paper or just in a bag.

Another thought is did you buy the right type of paper, there are two, one for ink printers, the other for laser printers.

The few decals I have done were not a great success but at least they worked.... sort of.

It could be that the acrylic coating was to thick??? I'm really just guessing but maybe some thing will pop out of all the thoughts-

Ian M

V

Vajled

\ said:
That decal looks just nasty! You say you bought them off e-bay, was it a brand name paper or just in a bag.Another thought is did you buy the right type of paper, there are two, one for ink printers, the other for laser printers.

The few decals I have done were not a great success but at least they worked.... sort of.

It could be that the acrylic coating was to thick??? I'm really just guessing but maybe some thing will pop out of all the thoughts-

Ian M
I have bought it for Inkjet printer what I have it at home... thats ok...

Brand... I really dont know I have see on e-bay and buy it... 5 pcs of each... you can buy only 1 pc if you want...

I bought clear and white... this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-x-INKJET-WATER-SLIDE-DECAL-PAPER-WHITE/220963762381?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=012&category=75576&cmd=ViewItem#ht_500wt_1156

Probably is coat of gloss...

I dont know, still waiting these coleague of mine ... new member also here... InFlames

He know it :smiling3:

Roman

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
lol I had a funny feeling that you knew Sebastijan.....

I hope you get it sorted. I personally have the problem of figuring out to either keep on buying decals as I find them, which rather limits things, or saying sod it and buy a laser printer.....The printers are as cheap as chips (well not much more than an ink printer) but the colour cartridges are silly prises. They do last a long time and dont dry up though.....

Ian M