F-117 Stealth Fighter

S

Stevekir

View attachment 69968

Revell 1/144 Made by my 8 1/2 year old bouncy grandson with much enthusiasm and energy and some attempt at help from me. Features include no pilot nor seat "What happened to those?": "Don't know"; "Why the unauthorised red?": "Looks nicer"; "Why the tails glued on at a point?": "Why not?"; "One looks different": "It got lost so I made a cardboard replacement"; "Nose wheel looks funny.": "Its part of a main wheel".

It was a real experience for me. I had none of my tools (this was on a visit to the family in Germany and the household had only a very dinky tweezers and no snips), many minute parts, poly glue used with abandon, Revell acrylic paint pots opened enthusiastically (in the dining room), stages followed in order but not in the way set out in the instructions, etc. etc. Still, not bad. It's recognisable as an F-117 and we enjoyed making it.

F-117.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Enjoyable experiences like that are how we all get started into modelling as kids. Nice job :smiling3:

P

Polux

Is a nicely bird Steve!!

I love the red wings!!

Would be a great experience!! A nice moment on the life!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That is wonderful it's a great build from me well done to your grandson ,

I hope he never discovers xbox and keeps the modellers flag flying :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
And a new modeller is born.

Well done!

Ian M

S

Stevekir

\ said:
That is wonderful it's a great build from me well done to your grandson ,I hope he never discovers xbox and keeps the modellers flag flying :smiling3:
Your'e joking! I don't know what the mult-button hand-held thing is called, but he plays action-kill-everything-in sight games (the type with cartoon characters) expertly and furiously, for ages (in holiday time).

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Your'e joking! I don't know what the mult-button hand-held thing is called, but he plays action-kill-everything-in sight games (the type with cartoon characters) expertly and furiously, for ages (in holiday time).
Just like every other kid these days Steve :smiling3:

First Name
Gregg
A lot better than my first build, and very imaginative if he lost parts and had the gumption to fabricate 0ne.

As for no pilot, well they now have F16 UAV/drones, why not F117?

Love it!

Gregg

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tecdes

Fantastic Steve. I got my four grandsons kits & let them loose in my garage.

Great afternoon. All their characters came out. The very must be right at all costs, the looks better with half an inch of paint on it, the moaner "it won't work Grandad, the little one 5 years beetled off to watch tele after 10 mins.

But they all have their models proudly displayed at home in their lounges. The 9 year old when here last in his very casual voice ( you know something is coming syndrome) " have you got a model I could have". Yes Matthew. "Could I have one with missiles on it".

Good stuff bet you enjoyed yourself Steve.

Laurie

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
What a great 'can do' attitude. Nothing was going to stop him, lost a tail, I'll just manke another. And why not red, nice bright colour. I like it.