F-11E build

K

Kressy_13

The pylon rotation is good in theory but i had the same problem with mine. The front of the wing will have the paint scraped off by the fuselage when you move it also, found out the hard way.

0ne48thtel

Progress has been a bit slow with this build but here is an update. the front of the kit went together with more than a few fit issues. it was then on to the inner wing assembly. I chose to have the wings and pylons in a fixed postion so attached the bits then glued them. the top part of the main body was then atteched and left to dry. Then the fun really began joining the the front section to the rest of the aircraft. To say this kit has more gaps in it than Wooky hole would still be an understatement. So I have had to use a lot of filler to get over that probelm where I can. I painted a tester for the colour scheme to see how easy it would be to do with no masking and I think I like it.

View attachment 73473

View attachment 73474

View attachment 73475

View attachment 73476

View attachment 73477

View attachment 73478

View attachment 73479

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

M

mobear

weirdly i like this plane and it looks like an alright build sort of lol,cool work

mobear

First Name
Dave
That's a big gap on top of the fuselage behind the cockpit!.Needs some heavy duty filler like my old favourite 'Squadron Green'.Looks like your bashing it in to shape Terry.

A

Andy Mac

Looks like some hard work there, but you're getting through it Tel

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
The camo looks spot on Terry. Doing a great job with those holes mate.

0ne48thtel

I have decided to halt this build for now as it is doing my head in. As previously mentioned there are a lot of fit issues and bits that won't go in place without some major restructuring.

If anyone is tempted to by one of these kits of this plane SAVE YOUR PENNIES AND GET A MORE REPUTABLE manufacturers version.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Thanks for the advice Terry. Hope you can see it off in the near future, I was looking forward to seeing a completed Pig here.

W

Willi262

I see what you mean.

It looks like it was very poorly molded as well. Unless I miss my guess, the wings look like they are a little too thick.

Thanks for the warning!!