F4-u 4

T

T. van Vuuren

Just completed my Italeri 1/72 F4-u 4 Corsair of the UN Navy in Korea.

Nice little kit, good fit with good detail in the cockpit, just a pitty the canopy can't be left open :sad:

I got this kit for about 4 squid ,normally more than double that, but the decals were a nightmare. They looked fine on the sheet untill you put them in water and they just crumble to bits.

I couldn't get decal film here so I had to spray a gloss Humbroll over it to bind the decals. It worked fine, but it took forever to come off the paper and were extremely fragile.

The colour was basically HU 15 mignight blue with a few drops of black, Tamiya clear acrylic -flatted down.

Theuns

View attachment 43773

View attachment 43774

View attachment 43775

View attachment 43776

models 005.jpg

models 002.jpg

models 003.jpg

models 004.jpg

S

sprayman

A spot on build and paint work...wish I had the skills to work at 1:72......a very nice job.

T

T. van Vuuren

Thanx lads, it is not hard to get OK results if the kit is of good quality in the detail and fit. This one was not bad atall.

1/72 is not to bad, ecxept for the Rapide that I am doing now, to do the ridding is a nightmare with my eyesight!

Roman,I checked out your site - very nice indeed!

Theuns

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice job Theuns,it looks great. You've got this 1/72 lark cracked for sure. It looks like it's in a larger scale and you can't do better than that.

Cheers

Steve

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thats a cracking Corsair Theuns.

The paint job has come out really nicely.

5 stars from me.

Tony.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice job on the F4. Tamiya do a 1:72 (it costs a fair bit more) which builds into a nice little beast. It's the only Tamiya I've ever built, must do more, must do more...................

Colin M...

T

T. van Vuuren

Oh yes I totally agree about Tamiya. Still buzy with the 262 and the Beaufigter is waiting. But I think I will do a bit of "skils freshning" on these ceaper kits first LOL!

I might do the Italeri Spit Mk VB aswell if I can get it for the same give away price as this little Corsair, lets hope the decals in that one will be better!

Thanx for the comments

T