F9F-5P Panther

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy guys,

Ok, for todays project, I decided to build an old favorite, the grumman F9F-5P Photo recon Panther. Used extensively during the Korean war, the panther, famous in its own right was featured in the movie "The bridges at Toko Ri" and stock footage of this aircraft crashing into the deck of an aircraft carrier was used in the movie "The Hunt for Red October". This is a 1:48th scale model by Monogram, one i have built a few times in the past, usually in some "other color scheme", but today i decided to go with the "out of the box look". So, here she sits on my driveway.

have a good day,

Greg

View attachment 15697

View attachment 15698

View attachment 15699

View attachment 15700

View attachment 15701

View attachment 15702

View attachment 15703

View attachment 15704

F9F 5P PANTHER.JPG

F9F 5P PANTHER 2.JPG

F9F 5P PANTHER 3.JPG

F9F 5P PANTHER 4.JPG

F9F 5P PANTHER 5.JPG

F9F 5P PANTHER 6.JPG

F9F 5P PANTHER 7.JPG

F9F 5P PANTHER 9.JPG

Last edited:
R

rjwood_uk

very nice there Greg. i see your still using your drive as a brilliant setting!

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy RJ

Thanks Tiger for the thanks on the last two posts (This one and JB-2 Loon).

Yes, the driveway still works great until I find someplace else. I have a nice patch of dirt have been looking at for an "undeveloped airstrip", Might have to use it when i built my next C 130 or my 1:48th scale B-17 or B-29.

But, that will mean raking and cleaning up leaves lol. However, I have been giving serious consideration to it just as a change of pace.

I figure some of my WWI planes might look good there too when i build them. Anyway, thanks for the kind words guys.

have a good day,

Greg