Ferrari 360 Modena

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cheers, mate it's another step in the right direction
I hope my Dodge Monaco comes out half as good as that.

D

dougie

Cheers, still to be wet sanded tonight and the skirts will probably get painted black or have carbon decals. Not 100% sure yet. I'm just glad it's not a write off considering what state it was in before

First Name
Marc
Fantastic videos there dougie. I am really looking forward to buying new kit in September now. What compressor are you using?

D

dougie

\ said:
Fantastic videos there dougie. I am really looking forward to buying new kit in September now. What compressor are you using?
Sparmax tc-63. Got a good deal on the 2. I didn't want a new compressor but the gun needs more flow than my old one provides.

D

dougie

\ said:
Lovely paint job, looks stunning
Thanks. A few wee niggles but overall I can live with it. Its now sanded and polished. I'll put more pics up when I feel I'm not flooding my own thread with similar body pics haha

cheers

Last edited:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great work! was always afraid of cars because I don't AB and with tanks and such a perfect finish isn't required but yours looks beautiful;)

D

dougie

\ said:
Great work! was always afraid of cars because I don't AB and with tanks and such a perfect finish isn't required but yours looks beautiful;)
I would not have guessed you didn't AB with the quality of your finishes. If you want to try a car, rattle cans are the way to go without an AB, you would manage fine, I'm sure if that.

Cheers for all comments

First Name
Marc
\ said:
Sparmax tc-63. Got a good deal on the 2. I didn't want a new compressor but the gun needs more flow than my old one provides.
This is what I'm worried about with my desktop compressor. It's okay for my small airbrush but it's not going to cut the mustard with the iwata mini gun

D

dougie

\ said:
This is what I'm worried about with my desktop compressor. It's okay for my small airbrush but it's not going to cut the mustard with the iwata mini gun
You can always give it a try as you may not be using it full chat but odds are probably not in your favour o_O I hated the outlay but loved the upgrades over all

D

dougie

Quick update, I had a fair fight and did a poor job with these carbon decals, I hid the wrinkles underneath on the front splitter and hope that a thick coat of clear, sanded and polished will minimise what can be seen. There is one line visible on the rear vent where I had to patch but over all I can live with these flaws. Templates next time, maybe out of Crete paper.

Car has been resanded and 2 coats of clear on the carbon decals. Another coat on those and then 1 last full body clear, sand and polish and the body will be done

View media item 8393View media item 8392